Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Default rear right turn signal bulb replacement

Can anyone advise how to change the right rear turn signal bulb on an H3? From outside? or from inside? what is the procedure?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:37 AM

Default Bulb replacement

Open gate,there are two phillips head screws to remove from plastic housing. next pull housing to the rear,there are two steel pins that have to be popped out from the retainers in the fender. sometimes you may have to use a plastic wedge inserted between plastic housing and fender to pop it loose. Be sure to grease the steel pins before popping it back in place.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 AM

Default Hummer H3 Rear Lamp bulbs Replacement

As of January 2008, the 2 steel bolts for rear lamp casing have been replaced with plastic ones, at least for European spec cars. So warning, to avoid the case in which you will have to replace the whole casing because of broken pins. Be as gentle as possible when you pull the casing out!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Banned

pictures would really be good here. i usually break stuff the first time while learning how not to,,,break stuff
Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 PM

I just remove the two phillips screws and pull straight back. Then locate the bulb that isn't working, replace it and test before you put it back together. If ok, line up the outside platic tabs and push back into place. Secure w/ the two phillips screws. I took pics since I see this coming up alot lately.

The Right Rear Tail Light Assembly

Click the image to open in full size.

Remove Top Screw with a Phillips Head Screwdriver

Remove Bottom Screw with a Phillips Head Screwdriver

with both removed, pull taillight assembly straight back to remove top & bottom clips, pic of top clip

pic of bottom clip/pin

taillight removed

One of the easiest things you can do. Hope this helps some of those posting questions in regards.

Last edited by Mr. Fancy Pants; 08-05-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

wow,,,
Quote:
2007 H3 Adventure
, so the detail guy just left huh!! man your ride looks factory fresh!!

great pix. things like the two different pins amaze me. just where along the design process did that decision get made ?!!
knowing where they are will help prevent "first time" breaking,,,i hope,if i remember down the road.

thanks much
Old 08-05-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtom View Post
wow,,,, so the detail guy just left huh!! man your ride looks factory fresh!!

Yeah, I'm pretty **** when if comes to my stuff. If you look closely, even my driveway is spotless lol. The rust 2" ball on the back drives me nuts but I need it hahaha.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM
2008 Hummer H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtom View Post
things like the two different pins amaze me. just where along the design process did that decision get made ?!!
The bottom pin is the 'locator' pin. It sets up the 'up' 'down' positioning of the light assembly, as well as fastens. The top clip is a retainer. This is the way a feature can be located in the exact position, and still be attached even if the mating holes/slots are not precisely matched to it. You'll find this type of setup used throughout the vehicle for mating parts.
'08 Birch White Alpha: Air Doc intake, K&N filter, Magnaflow cat back, Plus 1 light bar, Off road grille lights, front and rear roof marker lights, Air horn w/on-board compressor, back-up camera, complete interior & exterior LED lighting, 305/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs, E&G fender flares w/splash guards
Old 08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

hey the "rust ball" doesnt count,it comes off!!,,checked out your camera, great unit,zoooom!

and,
Quote:
The bottom pin is the 'locator' pin. It sets up the 'up' 'down' positioning of the light assembly, as well as fastens. The top clip is a retainer. This is the way a feature can be located in the exact position, and still be attached even if the mating holes/slots are not precisely matched to it. You'll find this type of setup used throughout the vehicle for mating parts.
now we got "smarty pants!!" im still letting the locator/retainer soak in. good info. i never wooda thunk it!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:59 PM
2008 Hummer H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants View Post
The rust 2" ball on the back drives me nuts but I need it hahaha.

Master Lock 3458DAT 2 inch Stainless Steel Hitch Ball
'08 Birch White Alpha: Air Doc intake, K&N filter, Magnaflow cat back, Plus 1 light bar, Off road grille lights, front and rear roof marker lights, Air horn w/on-board compressor, back-up camera, complete interior & exterior LED lighting, 305/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs, E&G fender flares w/splash guards
Old 08-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Tags
2009, blinker, bulb, change, changing, chnage, h3, hummer, number, rear, replace, replacement, replacing, signal, turn