PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rattling/Buzzing Noise when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Question Rattling/Buzzing Noise when accelerating

I have an '06 H3, i am getting a metal buzzing or rattling noise off and on while aceelerating. Sounds like it could be coming from the skid plates or a heat shield. But, when I get under the vehicle all the bolts seem tight, I can bang on them and seem to hear where it is coming from, but like I said, they are tight and I am still getting the noise. Any suggestions?

Old 08-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Banned

Are your tbars cranked? Judging by your last post I'd say no.. but that sounds like the after affects of cranking the tbars almost. Is it possibly a cv shaft?

Old 08-27-2010, 08:53 AM

FOR THE LOVE OF CONTRY 85_305 WHY DOES EVERYONE OF YOUR RESPONSES TALK ABOUT CRANKING T-BARS AND LEVELING. Because he asked a question, that must mean he hasn't leveled? Or better yet, what does his question have to do with leveling. But wait, now that I think of it, you didnt ask if he was using the vehicle the way it was intended, Maybe its whining because he drives it on pavement. GET OVER IT. I have lived in Buffalo so I know how ignorant the kind can be but you take the cake man.

LooseMoose double check the moldings on the upper corners of you windshield and make sure the corners are snapped down tight. My passenger side molding comes loose about once a week and it causes an intermittent, rapid buzzing sound. Aside from that, other posts I have read with an issue similar to this usually focus on heater hoses and other such things that are close to the fire wall in the engine compartment. Also heat shields on your exhaust sytem are possible rattle traps. I feel your pain, odd noises drive me nuts. If you cant find anything loose, try ignoring the sound untill your mind is off of it then see if it melts into the background. Sometimes noises I hear that I think are new, I simply hadn't noticed before and sometimes when I quit keying in on the offending noise as soon as I get into the truck, I find that it does fit into the normal symphony of the truck. You could also try some rubber washers between the metal shields, at their fastening points, to see if that reduces/eliminates the noise. Good Luck.

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 08-27-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Banned

I was asking because after cranking the tbars the front end tends to make some funky noises (as he described). I now see why you used to live in buffalo.. they kicked your *** out for being ignorant.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM

85_305,
Nice to see that you are continuing with your personal attacks on this forum as well. I guess you now will be spending all your time here & I'll be spending all of my time at the CHO forum since you got banned from there this morning for exactly the same reason & I now won't have to read any more of your useless, pointless posts. It's only a matter of time before you get banned from this forum as well. Enjoy cranking your tiny T-bar everytime you look at your rubber Husky mats!

Last edited by Bigunit; 08-27-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Banned

Are you kidding me? I was trying to offer help, and this guy called me an idiot? Did you not read his entire post towards defaming me?

As far as CHO, I'll be back in a few days. Dont worry about that. I wasn't banned for any reason other than the VP of cho doesn't like me and runs a 1-way road.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Personal attacks by anyone = flaming, can get members banned. Why can't we all get along? Avoid the personal stuff all of you, and we can all have fun.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

There is a heat sheild for the exhaust manifold, check that one, many people have found that to be the problem you describe. If it is making any contact with the exaust bend it away a bit .... when it is cool, not hot

Old 08-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LooseMoose
I have an '06 H3, i am getting a metal buzzing or rattling noise off and on while aceelerating. Sounds like it could be coming from the skid plates or a heat shield. But, when I get under the vehicle all the bolts seem tight, I can bang on them and seem to hear where it is coming from, but like I said, they are tight and I am still getting the noise. Any suggestions?
I have had heat shields develop a split in them that generates a noise such as you describe. Even with all the bolts tight it will vibrate and make a buzzing noise.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

"As far as CHO, I'll be back in a few days. Dont worry about that. I wasn't banned for any reason other than the VP of cho doesn't like me and runs a 1-way road. "

I don't think you will be back on ClubHummerOffroad.com anytime soon. Matt you pretty much rub everyone the wrong way. Whether it is what you say or how you say it you irritated a large swath of the membership there and you aren't really any different in how you handle things here. You picked an argument with a retired GM engineer that worked for Hummer and debated H3 specs and workings with him. What were you thinking? You are argumentative and post on subjects that you clearly don't have the experience or knowledge to be posting on. Yet you do so with "authority".
There is a mountain of knowledge and experience on ClubHummerOffroad.com on Hummers, wheeling Hummers, repairs, specs, accessories, etc. and you can't bull$hit those people. You would have been much better served to have sat back and read others posts before commenting on a subject, research your answers before starting to type and generally used it as a learning experience instead of trying to teach about subjects that at best you are marginally knowledgable of.
Many people use these forums as a source of knowledge and use the search function to find threads and posts dealing with their topics of interest. It is damaging to have inaccurate information littering an otherwise helpful thread. If you don't know the answer don't post an answer. If you aren't sure but think your insight might be helpful make sure you identify that in your response.
Personal attacks are not allowed on any forum I know of. Usually after one warning the offender is banned. While we don't like to ban anyone it happens. As Doc said everyone needs to play nice.

Quick Reply: Rattling/Buzzing Noise when accelerating