Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Radio comes on when unlocking truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Default Radio comes on when unlocking truck

Hi Everyone
Tried to search topic but no luck. 2007 h3 with 6 CD monsoon.
My stereo stays on when I take out my key but shuts off when I open my door. That is fine. Today however I used my remote to unlock my truck and when I opened the door the radio was playing with no key in. It did this twice today. It's the first time this has happened. I tried a few more times after turning the radio off and it is now not doing it. I am pretty certain on both occasions the radio turned off once I had taken out the key and opened the door. Is there a setting to have the stereo come on when you unlock truck with the remote?

Old 07-12-2014, 04:44 PM

i dont think so.

i think this ranks as a new one here on the old forum!. never heard this b4.
the bcm sends signals to the door module to lock/unlock. it would be an unusual glitch?? nothing actually gets turned on but briefly.

bcm?,or?...oh, the usual, unhook batt and short cables as is tried for most strange stuff.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:07 PM

Make sure your interior lights are going off after you close the vehicles door. If not you have a bad door pin switch. Also make sure the radio does go off when you open the door. If not same pin switch issue.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:56 PM

Hi guys
Thanks for your responces. Turns out the issue is with the ignition. I was washing my truck today and all of a sudden with no key in the radio started playing. With just my finger pushing on the ignition I could turn the radio on and off. Have not done anything yet. Im assuming a loose connection?

Old 07-14-2014, 03:09 PM

One more thing I have noticed is the whole ignition assembly on the side of the steering wheel seems a little loose, sloppy

Old 07-18-2014, 07:19 PM

Hi Again Guys
Still having this issue. I will have time tomorrow to take steering column apart and take a look. Pain in the butt this is. I run out to parking lot every hour at work and home to check if radio is on. I have also noticed sometimes when I put it in park the gear indicator will go to 3rd then go down the line of indicators till it reaches park. A few week ago I was cleaning my truck and pulled the shifter all the way back with truck not started to clean the shifter. Wonder if that did something weird. Wouldn't think so but at this point I'm questioning a lot.
Thanks

Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 AM

pulled the shifter all the way back with truck not started
i do that without trouble. i disabled the shift lock bs.

the "fix all" is unhook batt and short the cables for a minute! it might reset something. sounds like mixed signals/bad connections?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:57 AM

Thx Happythree
For sure in today's plans to disconnect battery

Old 07-20-2014, 11:56 PM

Replace the ignition switch assembly.