Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Rack and Pinion Movement

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Default 25862212 is not a valid part # and no stock

whatever you pull-up is BS. This part is no longer available and no inventory and there hasn't been. Its the dealer next door to me.

There might be an another number but that is not valid at all.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 PM

Come on Hawaiian, be honest, the only ice you ever see is floating in your Pina Colada....lol
Ha Ha Broken Halo!!! Your so right!

PLEASE count me in, I need this part badly and $40 bucks is a steal for this fix!! Just today as I parked up against a curb in front of me. I turned the wheel and could hear something grinding, and could just visualize that dang rack moving and grinding through those weak *** bushings.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by wortex
whatever you pull-up is BS. This part is no longer available and no inventory and there hasn't been. Its the dealer next door to me.

There might be an another number but that is not valid at all.
That info I got was from the parts manager himself and we looked on his computer and the inventory for our area comes out of Jackson MS.
So somebody has to be wrong. I'm just telling my end of the story.
That was not a Jeep dealer was it?
Share where you are from and maybe we can figure out a solution for anybody that still wants to try an OEM one, again.

But then you have that poly bushng that fits the rack so no bother but we still don't have a source for that. Help out those that might want to try that partial solution.

Last edited by Hunner; 03-01-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 PM

HUNNER, I'm done giving this wortex "Ding-Ding" the time of day. I know there are parts out there in the SPO Warehouses and you know so who gives a flying funk what he thinks!

By the way wortex, why are you looking @ H3 parts when you own an "H2 Armored Limo" blah, blah, blah!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Default polyurethane bushing set Dorman 905-400

It is realistically available not like the OEM which hasn't been available for years.
It is designed for the Toyota Trucks, but fits the Hummer H3 perfectly.
It also includes the other 2 bushings and much better material then the OEM.
Its not as good as Hunner's metal rings, but better then the not-available OEM bushings.

Energy Suspension also makes a kit 8.10104R (Red) or 8.10104G (Black), that's what we used but the Dorman might be easier/cheaper to get.

Hummer H2
as far as the H2 and H3, yes I supply parts for the Hummer Shop and we do research everywhere for parts.
The H2 armored truck is still here and in service. We were able to improve the power steering issue but not completely solved.
If anybody is interested the new design from GM 2008 and up H2, was better then the old. Also we used synthetic transmission fluid in the system.

We try and do everything to solve an issue when the factory parts are not-available or substandard. In the H3 case the factory part was both.

I work with a GM dealer on a daily basis, I have personal access to their computer. That number is not a valid GM part # and not available at all. We looked on dealer-world several times.
no dealer showed inventory in a country as the number does not even come up in a system.
if you typed the number wrong and there is a bushing, that's possible, but GM no longer services the bushing. If you look it up as application there is a diagram #9 which then refers to the steering rack.

chao amigo I'm done with this, as the solution has been found and repaired.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by wortex
It is realistically available not like the OEM which hasn't been available for years.
It is designed for the Toyota Trucks, but fits the Hummer H3 perfectly.
It also includes the other 2 bushings and much better material then the OEM.
Its not as good as Hunner's metal rings, but better then the not-available OEM bushings.

Energy Suspension also makes a kit 8.10104R (Red) or 8.10104G (Black), that's what we used but the Dorman might be easier/cheaper to get.

Hummer H2
as far as the H2 and H3, yes I supply parts for the Hummer Shop and we do research everywhere for parts.
The H2 armored truck is still here and in service. We were able to improve the power steering issue but not completely solved.
If anybody is interested the new design from GM 2008 and up H2, was better then the old. Also we used synthetic transmission fluid in the system.

We try and do everything to solve an issue when the factory parts are not-available or substandard. In the H3 case the factory part was both.

I work with a GM dealer on a daily basis, I have personal access to their computer. That number is not a valid GM part # and not available at all. We looked on dealer-world several times.
no dealer showed inventory in a country as the number does not even come up in a system.
if you typed the number wrong and there is a bushing, that's possible, but GM no longer services the bushing. If you look it up as application there is a diagram #9 which then refers to the steering rack.

chao amigo I'm done with this, as the solution has been found and repaired.
I don't mean to be a jerk, but I my local GMC dealer had one in stock last week... and I bought it...

Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 PM

Energy Suspension also makes a kit 8.10104R (Red) or 8.10104G (BlacK)...
Hey guys! looked up these part#s and they are in fact what they were stated to be.
Question is do they work? Not dis'n anyone just quizical.
Chris

Last edited by Happy Hummer; 10-22-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Default Energy Suspension works just fine.

Been on the truck for a while, customer is happy.

I agree with Hunner that a 2nd brace would be perfect idea but we haven't had a time to pursue that idea.
A brace with the same bushing in a middle would do a lot of good for this troubled steering system.

Hunner's metal bushing might be the ultimate solution since its not available the 2nd best solution is the Energy suspension version. Stronger then the factory and readily available not like the original soft rubber which has been discontinued for a while.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 AM
Default Long time no see

Aloha Guys,
Just wanted to revive this thread and see if we came up with bushings yet?? My 3 is approaching 90k and is all over the road. Ive seen some pretty cool set ups on the net but think the price of these poly bushings is all that we need here in Hawaii to go with my Pina Colada? Thanks always for the awesome support.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 AM

If you want the most precision steering your H3 can have and also the strongest:

Hummer H3 Steering Rack Reinforcement Kit - OUTFITTER DESIGN

Quick Reply: Rack and Pinion Movement