PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Roof Marker Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Default Questions about Roof Marker Lights

I have questions about the roof marker lights:

1. Is part # 19166038 the updated part (the one without the noise?)

2. Do the roof marker lights come on with the daytime running lights, or with the night-time lights, or do you have toggle them on with a button?( similar to the fog lights)

3. How exactly do you install them? does it connect through the reading lamps??
or through the battery?? Is it necessary to remove the rubber lining on the door? Because my lining just won't come off

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chrome Dome
I have questions about the roof marker lights:

1. Is part # 19166038 the updated part (the one without the noise?)

2. Do the roof marker lights come on with the daytime running lights, or with the night-time lights, or do you have toggle them on with a button?( similar to the fog lights)

3. How exactly do you install them? does it connect through the reading lamps??
or through the battery?? Is it necessary to remove the rubber lining on the door? Because my lining just won't come off

Thanks for your help.
Hello Chrome Dome,

I just bought a 2010 H3 and I have been searching for the answers to the same questions you have. I have also not been able to get a clear answer on this forum or any other placeson the web. I don't know why this is such a difficult question to get answered. I have found out some information, but nothing 100%. Here is what I've found so far.

1. I'm not 100% sure that 19166038 is the new, non-wind-noise part, but it seems that is it. I've done a lot of searching around the web and found one accessories website that said the following:
GM LAMP, Genuine GM part: 19170450, Retail Price: $535.00, Your Price: $458.76, you save: $76.24, Replaced by: 19166038.
I read somewhere else in this forum that 19170450 was supposedly one of the first reworked parts after discovering the wind noise problem. From this I am assuming that the 19170450 may be the old part number that had the problem and they reworked those parts until coming out with 19166038. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the "new" part number is lower than the old part number, but you never know with manufacturer's part numbers. I am going to continue my search and will report back to this threat, since it is the newest on this subject.

2 & 3. I found the installation PDF file through this forum. There was a link in one of the older threads that gave a link to a German Hummer website. I used Google Translate to navigate that page and get the PDF. PM me and I will send it to you. It shows the installation process and how to hook into the fuse box. From reading the instructions, I think the lights come on whenever you have the parking lights on.

Like I said above, if I find a 100%, definitive answer, I'll post here. I hope you will do the same.

Good luck!

Kevin
DDT1345

Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 AM

Wanna save yourself $400? I got these 'Recon' lights from Streetside Auto, delivered, for $55. Personally I like them better then factories. They look good, zero wind noise, and, oh yeah, did I mention save yourself $400
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19675

Old 08-29-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Wanna save yourself $400? I got these 'Recon' lights from Streetside Auto, delivered, for $55. Personally I like them better then factories. They look good, zero wind noise, and, oh yeah, did I mention save yourself $400
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19675
Broken,

Thanks for the link. The lights look nice, but I'm not sure I want to go custom. I appreciate the suggestion though.

You wouldn't happen to know the correct part number for the factory GM lights?

Kevin
DDT1345

Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 PM

GM part: 19170450 is the old part no. That number is mentioned in posts on this & 2 other Hummer forums dating back to late-2006 & 2007. Here is a link to a thread on this forum that confirms this:

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3007

With respect to your question whether it's necessary to remove the rubber lining on the door, an install thread of these lights on CHO (with detailed pics) (not sure I can post a link to that forum on this forum) shows that you have to remove the rubber lining on the door.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want me to PM you the link to the other forum.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by DDT1345
Broken,

Thanks for the link. The lights look nice, but I'm not sure I want to go custom. I appreciate the suggestion though.

You wouldn't happen to know the correct part number for the factory GM lights?

Kevin
DDT1345
OEM GM roof marker lights pt. #19166038

Old 08-29-2010, 07:01 PM

Bigunit and Broken,

Thanks to you both for your responses, I appreciate it.

Big - I know you have to remove the liner. I have the installation instructions in PDF from that shows that. However, I would be interested in the link to that other forum, please PM me.

Kevin

Old 08-29-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by DDT1345
Bigunit and Broken,

Thanks to you both for your responses, I appreciate it.

Big - I know you have to remove the liner. I have the installation instructions in PDF from that shows that. However, I would be interested in the link to that other forum, please PM me.

Kevin
I found the instructions for installing GM OEM roof marker lights. The file is to big for me to attach here, and I can't 'PM' you because you're too new of a member. PM me with an e-mail address, and I'll send it to you.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
I found the instructions for installing GM OEM roof marker lights. The file is to big for me to attach here, and I can't 'PM' you because you're too new of a member. PM me with an e-mail address, and I'll send it to you.
Broken,

No need to PM me, I have the installation instructions. I got them off a German Hummer Forum. The file is named "Beschreibung Roof Marker Anbau.pdf" and is about 1MB. It is about 5 pages long and shows the details of the installation process. Do you have the same file?

Kevin
DDT1345

Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Kevin,
Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you that link.

Quick Reply: Questions about Roof Marker Lights