PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

programming new keyless remote

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Default programming new keyless remote

Im trying to find instructions how to program a new remote, any help is appreciated!!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM

needs to be done at the dealer

Old 06-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Default Don't know if this will work...

But I found it on www.ehow.com

Instructions
  1. Step 1
    Put your key in the ignition of your vehicle and make sure all of the doors and the trunk are closed before you get in your vehicle. Do not turn your car on.
  2. Step 2
    Hold the unlock button on your driver door and turn your key two clicks to the right. Your car will not be started, but it will be in the "On" position. Continue holding the "Unlock" button.
  3. Step 3
    Turn your key to the left so your car is off, and then turn it on and off one more time, all while holding the unlock button. The horn will then honk, and your doors will all lock, which will signify that the programming mode is active and you can release the "Unlock" button.
  4. Step 4
    Press and hold both the "Unlock" and "Lock" buttons on your keyless remote. Hold the buttons for between 10 and 20 seconds. Once the locks have again clicked on the car, you can release the buttons.
  5. Step 5
    Turn you key into the "On" position again and then turn it off. Your car's horn will once again activate, signifying that the programming mode has ended.
  6. Step 6
    Remove your key and test your keyless remote to see if the programming mode has worked.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Banned
Default then go to dealer,THE ONLY WAY!

25$,,,been there, go screwed by liars at ,,keyless remote.

you can sit there all day turning the key and pushing buttons,,ha ha, or pay attention,,,AND the dealer,,,25$

trust

tom

Old 06-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Default not for the H3..

From what I understand, this works for the H2, not the H3. We did this with our H2 and it worked fine. But every dealer and even the website for the replacement keys and remotes state the H3 has to be done at the dealer.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 PM

What about all these $29 to $39 remotes, are they OK?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned
Default its only money

MY DEALER DIDNT CARE WHAT I HAD , THEY JUST PROG AND CHARGE $25

thats all,,i suppose if u buy theirs for 69 ea it might be free prog!

Old 06-17-2010, 05:53 AM

For the H3 this HAS to be done at the dealer. Note that when you reprogramme one key, you have to redo them all as the code within the vehicle is reset.

The H2 can be reprogrammed at home.

I bought a used keyfob off ebay (the US seller had made clear that it had to be programmed by a dealer).

I took my existing keyfob plus the new one to the dealer here in Dubai. The guy at the dealer seemed to be under the impression that you couldn't reprogramme one that had previously been used on another vehicle, but I asked him to try. Perhaps he just wanted to sell me a new one at an inflated price?

Anyway, both fobs were reprogrammed and work fine - and it cost only about 130 dirhams (about USD30). The guy told me the previously used fob might "lose" its programming, but that hasn't happened, and seems unlikely to me.

The metal key itself for the H3 has no chip so can be cut by a normal keycutting store.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:12 PM

Thanks. As soon as I get my new remotes I guess I'm off to the dealer. I had 2 keys cut at Ace Hardware and they work fine.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM

My car guru friend has a Tech II, we spent an hour trying to program 2 fobs. One would work and then when you programmed the 2nd one it would work and the 1st one would not work, . This seesaw battle went on for a while and we ended up with only one fob programmed. Is it a fob thing? or something else????

Quick Reply: programming new keyless remote