PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with reving. Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Default Problem with reving. Help please.

So I start the vehicle for the first time of the day. put in drive , start driving. Engine starts reving up and down within seconds and I have to let my foot off the gas , then I slowly give it more gas and it revs up and down more, sometimes up to the 4 rpm range. but after this happens a couple times, sometimes a few times , and I give it more gas.. I am in the 3 to 4 rpm range with no reving, and then I take my foot off and let it go back down. After all this there is no more up and down reving and the vehicle drives fine. But this happens every single time and only at the very beginning of driving.

I don't know if this is a engine problem, transmission problem, or something else. I don't really have any extra money right now, so was hoping maybe someone here experienced this before or just knew what this could be.

About 40,000 miles on the vehicle now.

Last edited by groomsxxx; 01-11-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Hi,
Have you verified the transmission fluid level and color?
Have you replaced your battery cable connectors?
Have you cleaned the TB & MAF or replaced spark plugs?
Do you have a code coming up in dic?
Chris

Old 01-11-2015, 07:50 PM

will check the transmission fluid tomorrow. Havent replaced the battery cable connectors as of late, but have way back. Never any issues with that. Havent cleaned the tb or maf lately. cleaned the maf way back and replaced the spark plugs way back when I bought it. no codes coming up.
It happens every time though.like tonight.. got in, cranked up started driving, and as it went to around 3 rpm, it then reved up and down a few times betwee 3 and 3.5 , I let off the gas..and then gave it gas again. and it did some more reving..got a little ways down the street..one up and down rev..then I let off ..and gave it gas..and it was good to go.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:38 PM

Might be the throttle position sensor.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:35 PM

it's been raining . haven't been able to check anything out. anyone experience this before though?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Only when your PCM looses a proper connection to the Throttle Position Sensor. Next time you start the vehicle, instead of placing it in Drive right away, wait for a full minute and then begin to proceed. See if that makes any difference.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:57 PM

well no. I never crank and go. I even started letting it sit 10 minutes at times to warm up more. same thing.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:34 PM

Maf was cleaned, air filter cleaned, spark plugs cleaned, throttle body cleaned, sea foam added to gas, oil and sucked up through vaccum line. Smoked heavily for a good 5 minutes. Transmission fluid is low however. Truck was running and it was just barely on the cold line.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:18 AM

Added 1 quart and it still didn't bring it to the hot line. So going to buy another quart now.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:44 PM

3 quarts of Trans fluid added.

Quick Reply: Problem with reving. Help please.