Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

problem with ac climate control need some help..

Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 AM

Turn climate **** all the way to right, fan **** all the way to right, setting **** to left. Hold the climate button and control button down until they stop blinking.

We all have the same issue as you do. This reset did not fix my issue. Let me know if you find a fix. Thanks

Old 08-21-2012, 05:29 PM

Phase did you replace the temp. Control that Humbie posted with the service bulletin? Or did you just change out the blower motor resistor?

Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM

Im back but im so busy at the moment I will post when I get this fix, I saw tha part replacement I think im goin to order after I check mi resistor and connector I really think is goin to be the controls.

Last edited by carloscrx101; 08-21-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by phaseshifter69F
I did the repair for the fan control, resistor/harness connection correction, but now have the issue of only 1 position for A/C. Checked all the positions for defrost, floor, vents, and combinations of the any one of the positions work fine however the temperature seems to default to a very hot with no adjustments past the two position from full left for cold. Does anyone know the proper procedure to perform for a reset.I did pull the fuses n relays to check before I started the above repair so I assume that is why I should try a reset/recalibration. Thanks!
This makes me thinks its a computer issue. We all have the problem after power was disconnected. I checked my actuators today and they seem to be working. This problem has happened to me before, then fixed itself. So it doesn't seem to be an issue of something "breaking". I see this issue all over the internet, but no fix. ugh

Old 08-22-2012, 01:29 PM

I tried the reset several times but my led lights never would stop blinking. I assume there is something else going on that does not allow for the reset to happen. I did read though that the reset is used primarily when the whole control panel is replaced. Still researching about the 60 to 68 ohm inline resistor to bring back the reference voltage into range. I am doubting anyone should do this as it doesn't make any sense as the voltage to the swith is only 5 volts. Unless a circuit in the control panel has malfunctioned then I not sure adding a resistance would be the best plan. Kind of the same thinking on the fix for the burnt fan connector, it really doesn't explain why is it getting hot and expanding the spad connector inside the socket. No I didn't replace the temp control or any of the control module. If anyone has any more info please post. Thanks to all, seems to be a unsolved common problem on both of these issues.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:20 PM

*****i promise i will post when i get this fix, and is fix. the problem is controlers for sure i order the controlers and replace those myself so im 100% sure thats the problem the ones i have in my hummer are made in portugal and the ones i replace are made in mexico just for reference they have different part number good luck to every one fixing yours .

Last edited by carloscrx101; 09-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 AM

That's good news. Let us know if it stays working. Did you diconnect battery when installing? I've heard of stories people buying new control units then problem reoccurring a month later. Hopefully this works!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Default Fix to your problem

I remember the fix from a few years ago but the info is gone now, and I had a truck this morning with the same issue. I actually found the fix on a forum for 06 pontiac solstice. The light blue with black stipe wire, terminal f circuit 1688, on the driver side of the hvac control head needs a 60 to 68 ohm 1/2 watt resistor installed inline. it does something with keeping the voltages in spec. The new part #25920831 is suppose to also take care of this, older part # control heads such as 25814719 will not. Good luck, jason.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM

No I didnt disconnect battery, and yes I hope stays working, if not ill post.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:06 AM

I've heard of the resistor problem for the AC blower, but not for the temperature control issue. Is this a resistor that can be added for the temperature control rather than buying a new control unit?

Thanks for your help!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: problem with ac climate control need some help..