Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

problem with ac climate control need some help..

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:19 AM

Any luck finding a fix?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:24 PM

Not yet im in vegas but ill find the problem and posted I read a lot of people have same problem but no fix ill read some where changing controls for an specific part number or about reflashing computer hoping is the controls because goin to dealer for re flash probably they goin to F»*+$€#$$$$$$...

Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM

Common problem, there should be a thread somewhere about a fix. Mine was in warranty when it happened, dealer replaced a resistor in the switch assembly, that took care of it. I believe there may be a TSB about it as well.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:26 PM

Ill search all over the internet and nothing. Most of the fix are about blowers resirtors and conectors but not a fix on climate control I dont know if resistor or relay of blower would afect climate control but ill find out cause its annoying not to be able to adjust it sux...

Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 PM

I just bought a '07 and realized that I have the same issue too. I just figured its working well since it was blowing super cold but one click off max and it turn to HOT. Has any one figured out what the fix is? I did try to recalibrate with the steps but it does not fix the issue.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:24 AM

Not yet just came back ill start checking was causing the problem maybe this weekend.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 AM

I still haven't found the issue either

Old 08-11-2012, 06:45 PM

I can't find the previous thread where I posted the exact text from the service work at my dealer (put resistor in switch line, from reading the service bulletin below it appears that changes the feedback voltage for the actuators). Looks like they changed it to replace the entire assembly.

#PIT4704A: HVAC Temperature Goes Full Hot When One Click Off Full Cold - keywords A/C AC actuator air compressor door heat heater mode - (Feb 18, 2010)

Subject:

HVAC Temperature Goes Full Hot When One Click Off Full Cold

Models:

2006-2008 Hummer H3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This PI was superseded to update the Recommendation/Instructions. Please discard PIT4704.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Some customers may complain that the temperature will go to full hot when they turn the temperature one click off of full cold. The control head is defaulting to Emergency Mode (this provides HOT air for safety reasons which would be available to clear the windshield in Defrost mode). This will happen if the feedback voltage for the air temperature actuators are out of range.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Replace the HVAC control head with part number 25920831.

Last edited by HumbleAg; 08-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:23 PM

Is the problem of the temperature control related to the resistor that is mentioned with the blower fan failure? Is it the same resistor mentioned in other posts? Or is it another resistor that is associated with only the temperature control? Please let me know as I just completed the correction for the fan control failure and now I have the issue of only 1 position for A/C and then it automatically changes to very hot on the next position up from full left position of the temp control. Anyone have any info?

Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM

I did the repair for the fan control, resistor/harness connection correction, but now have the issue of only 1 position for A/C. Checked all the positions for defrost, floor, vents, and combinations of the any one of the positions work fine however the temperature seems to default to a very hot with no adjustments past the two position from full left for cold. Does anyone know the proper procedure to perform for a reset.I did pull the fuses n relays to check before I started the above repair so I assume that is why I should try a reset/recalibration. Thanks!

Quick Reply: problem with ac climate control need some help..