PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator Front bumper/Winch combo

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Default Predator Front bumper/Winch combo

Hello Everyone

As my wife offroads more and more with us guys she has decided that her H3 needs a winch. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HERE THAT LOL.
We have a H3x which has a factory front Chrome brush guard that she does not want to get rid of.

I was wondering if anyone has put the Predator bumper/winch combo on their rigs. It is kind of pricey at 1800 but it looks really clean.

We would like to get some feedback on the system and anyone that has any comments/imput it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Predator Front bumper/Winch combo

I was looking at the same one. It is such a clean application that it seems hard not to do. i was wondering about the weight of the bumper/winch and if you needed to get stiffer shocks for the extra weight. Let me know what you find out and I will do likewise.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 AM

I dont think that it would weigh that much more? It's really only the extra weight of the winch as the entire front portion of the bumper is replaced.

I will let you know what I find out and like you said we can cross reference eachother.

Look forward to seeing what we find out.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

The bumper looked like it was steel to me. I know the H1s with a winch get stiffer front springs to help handle the extra weight. I don't think adding a winch alone would cause a problem on the H3 but if that bumper weighs in heavy you might notice the difference. Just curious. I am sure Predator has the answer, I just haven't asked yet.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:16 AM

The additional weight will mostly come from the winch itself, not the mount. You can offset some of that by switching to synthetic line and an aluminum fairlead. Also, take a look at the DOI mount. Similar design, but more options for different winches.

http://www.trailduty.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=34

Old 02-18-2008, 01:18 AM

And you can just crank the t-bars to adjust for the additional weight. Or swap out the t-bars for the sway-a-way or Alpha ones.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:00 AM

I have the Predator winch installed on my 07 H3 and I am satisfied with it. Once the it is installed it is a clean look. But I will point out that in order to install it you will need to remove the following for installation: skid plates, lower bumper, upper bumper, grill with headlights, misc plastic pieces from in front of the raditator, Air cleaner box. If you are confortable doing all this then great. Its really not hard just takes all day. The only con I found is that if the cable gets pinched in the reel its not easy to take care of since its hidden. I had to wedge a crowbar in there to free it. Other wise it is a great product that has saved me a few times. As far as weight the entire unit i think adds about 200 plus pounds to the front of the H3. I didnt add shocks and i m ok.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Sewie.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 AM

Thanks Sewie

Anthony any pics???