Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

power steering leak

Old 02-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Default Figured out the pressure pin

I figured out the problem. I put the pressure pin in wrong. It's supposed to go with the pin coming through the coupling. I improved my replacement speed though. Took me 45 minutes to remove the entire pump, pull apart the tank and reassemble and reinstall and test drive. Just sucks it took me 4 hours to figure it all out earlier today.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:08 PM
Default SteeringRack CAP SEALS necessary..

Greetings HF,

I took notice of the "O"-rings on the H3 steering system diagram.

I'm replacing 190,000 mile Steering Rack on the 2007.Part arrived today complete but without cap seals for the High pressure @ the rack pressure head. Are cap seals or O-rings used on the lines? I have not started the job, just gathering ALL shop stuff prior. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by thumpros
Greetings HF,

I took notice of the "O"-rings on the H3 steering system diagram.

I'm replacing 190,000 mile Steering Rack on the 2007.Part arrived today complete but without cap seals for the High pressure @ the rack pressure head. Are cap seals or O-rings used on the lines? I have not started the job, just gathering ALL shop stuff prior. Thanks.
You dug up a SIX YEAR OLD THREAD to tack a question on the end of it????? Please AVOID digging up OLD Threads from here on out. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Old 03-17-2020, 08:51 PM

SO......if a thread contains a topic that covers my issue, I can't post a question about it there. I need to start a new post and hope that it is checked. The answer is still not given and the post contains a submission from a member who obviously has done this repair.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by thumpros
SO......if a thread contains a topic that covers my issue, I can't post a question about it there. I need to start a new post and hope that it is checked. The answer is still not given and the post contains a submission from a member who obviously has done this repair.
Did you READ my link in blue????? Ask you question in a NEW Thread. Link back to whatever old dinosaur thread if you presume you just have to for people to understand your question.

Do you think the member that did the repair almost 6 -8 years ago is still here, still has their H3?