Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Same problem with my 06 h3. no driver side window and no power locks. Last time it happened I took out the two fuses, put them in and it worked but it just stopped working again. I am going to try the battery cable thing and if that does not work again, pull the fuses and see what happens.

Dj

Old 01-16-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by djezrock
Same problem with my 06 h3. no driver side window and no power locks. Last time it happened I took out the two fuses, put them in and it worked but it just stopped working again. I am going to try the battery cable thing and if that does not work again, pull the fuses and see what happens.

Dj

Damit!!! NEITHER methods worked.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM

hi there how much were they asking to repair it? just want to have an idea im off warranty and im having the same problems now

Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM

hey man is yours fixed already? did u take yours to the dealer? i did try both methods and still nothing.. im from winnipeg,mb

Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 AM

I did not taKE mine in aS I refuse to pay gm anythingl. They are complete idiots. As for my problem, everything started working again which is cool. To be honest, I would rather pay some kid with Down syndrome to fix my hummer before I would ever consider giving a GM dealership any money as they (from my experience) are all crooks!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 PM

hey man thanks for your reply.. yeah youre 100% right these dealers are licensed thieves. they try to rip you off in every way they can.. but yeah i was about to bring my truck for service this morning.. on my way to dealer i stopped at BK to get some breakfast and then when i got back my doors were locked idk what happened but it functioned again so then on my way home the power windows started working too.. it was perfect for me since its snowing crazy here right now and the near zero visibilty

Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 PM

I pulled and replaced both PCM fuses and it reset everything and is now working.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:47 AM

Two days ago my '07 H3 (purchased in '06) would not start. (It started rough the previous day, but I didn't think much of it because it was about 25 degrees out.) After about 5 attempts I got it started but the radio reset and it was definitely a low voltage start. Then, all of the sudden, the power locks and driver's side window would not work. I took it in to my local shop, where they tested things and advised the battery was just about dead, but no other problems; the alternator was working properly.

So, we chalked it up to a 5 year old battery that just quit, and we replaced it. Everything seemed to come back on line and the truck started fine. Then I noticed that the power locks and driver's side window were still not working! We checked the fuses, and then the shop recommended that I take the H3 to the dealer to take a look at my 'electrical problem'. My bumper-to-bumper warranty expired last year, so the last thing I wanted to do was go to the dealer and get a $1,000.+ estimate.

After reading many posts here, I checked and re-seated the #8 and #68 fuses, to no avail. Then, I disconnected the battery and touched the terminals together, then re-attached the cables and it did NOT fix the problem... Man was I worried!

So, I came back here, and carefully re-read all the posts. Then, I noticed that I had not waited the 5 mins before reconnecting the battery. So, yesterday after work, I tried it again. (I must have waited like 10 mins to make sure). When I reconnected the battery, IT WORKED!!! All is back to normal now with the locks, the driver's side window, and the keyless entry. And.. best of all, I don't have to go in and see the dealer!

Consequently, I also need to give many thanks to my fellow Hummer owners as well as this website!!!

Jeff

Old 03-11-2011, 01:26 PM

So that means that from the time the shop took out your old battery reinstalled and hooked up the new one was under 5 mins! Good service!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Angry Me too

Originally Posted by jmH3
... got it started but the radio reset ..., the power locks and driver's side window would not work. ... We checked the fuses, ..., I checked and re-seated the #8 and #68 fuses, to no avail. Then, I disconnected the battery and ... waited like 10 mins to make sure). When I reconnected the battery, IT WORKED!!!
I mentioned this on another thread, but this thread seems more in-depth. I am having the same problem, with the same symptoms of no driver window or door locks. The touch-the-battery-cables trick sounds a little like voodoo to me. Does this _permanently_ fix the problem, or do you have to do it once a month?

Does anybody have a fix that worked permanently for them -- I'm thinking the door harness sounds likely.

Thanks,
-Alan

Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working