Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Default Here's another fix for the problem!

My battery went dead, we replaced in on my H3 2007. My driver's window would not work and neither would my door locks after the new battery was installed. We tried removing battery cables, touching the battery cables, leaving them off for 30 minutes, then off for an hour. Needless to say we tried it 15 times. The weather was horribly cold so we decided to wait to check the relay in the door. Long story short...my daughter got her temp drivers license and when she stopped the car she shut it off in drive and BAM the door locks worked and the driver's window worked. So maybe this is another way to re-set the computer. Thank you to everyone that has posted regarding their problems. I come here first before I take my car in when I have a problem, and hope that this may help someone else.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

As I said years ago, the problem can correct itself after 3-5 ignition cycles if people will just be patient.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
As I said years ago, the problem can correct itself after 3-5 ignition cycles if people will just be patient.

Sorry to disagree Doc, but after 30-50 ignition cycles it didn't remedy itself until the master switch was removed and re-installed. Period.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:09 AM

This took 4 months to resolve of driving it everyday. Multi starts a day

Old 04-12-2015, 06:17 PM

just took mine into a 'garage mechanic' to rebuild the female plug in the fender on the driver's side front door. Driver's window was intermintent, pass window was a no go. I washed it and no door locks except the rear back door is locked. Key fob no worky either. I'll post back after I get the buggy home. BTW, the dealer fix is an upper wiring harness...$800 and the install is 'don't ask'. Replacement electrical plugs can come from the Equinox, Colorado, the GMC Colorado and of course the H3. I decided the rebuild route.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jruta
Sorry to disagree Doc, but after 30-50 ignition cycles it didn't remedy itself until the master switch was removed and re-installed. Period.
I only said it "can resolve itself" in response to the previous post. And it most definitely can, but it may not for everyone.... this thread like so many get mutilated by people assuming whatever is wrong with their truck is "the exact same problem" when sadly, it is just a similar problem that does in fact have different causes.

My point, if it does not resolve itself after 3-5 ignition cycles, then move to the pull the PCM fuse, dsconnect the battery, remove the window control switch etc...

Old 04-13-2015, 11:55 AM

except the rear back door is locked.
do you mean the "spare tire" door? the rear big door?

if so, its a real problem.
let us know.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:40 PM

Yeah, the spare tire door. What a place to skrimp on costs! I woulda done it a bit different! Stupid sonsab*tches. Hopefully we'll get it done and opened. BTW the first thing I did was new battery cable connectors, then a new master panel switch panel.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:46 PM

ive explored this b4 and never found a way to get it open if the wiring is not the problem.
you cannot get at anything in there to open it.

maybe this time an answer will come up???

id love to hear from a dealer on this one!

Last edited by happythree; 04-13-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:27 PM

im bumping this because i really think we need an answer.

anything happening??? to the stuck door??

Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working