Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 AM

Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Default I cannot believe it!!

I've been reading and trying everything!! I tried the key fob trick, took the master switch for a walk, checked and wiggled the fuses, did everything I could do with the battery terminals (left the positive off / left the negative off / held them together) and even tried selecting the code by holding the lock switch and selecting lock 1 like it was suggested by someone a few pages back. What I did ( the last thing I was going to do before I scheduled an appointment at the dealership ) was done out of desperation. I took out the master switch and brought it inside. I held a blow dryer to it. After a few minutes I heard a 'click' (as was mentioned in a post on here). I couldn't believe it. I brought it out to the rig, plugged it in, started it. Extremely skeptical, I closed my eyes and hit the window switch- and it worked!!! I just installed a stereo system in my h3 (which caused the issue to begin with) and was nervous that it was going to get stolen with the window being wide open! Plus, I live I alaska and it's the end of October and 10-18 degrees out! I never leave feedback from the stuff I read online but since the info got me out of a trip to the dealership I felt obligated to share! Hope this helps someone!!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:47 PM

Did you ever resolve the problem?

Old 12-21-2014, 09:50 PM

Thanks.... where is the master switch?

I have a 2007 H3.....

Old 12-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by OtisTWalrus
Thanks.... where is the master switch?

I have a 2007 H3.....
Driver side door is the "master" sine it controls all windows and locks.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:10 AM

Ok I just now had the same thing happen. Wifey called while at work and indicated the head light was burnt out. I stopped there and changed it and turned the lights on. I went to start it and it was dead that quickly. I jumped it and fine. She calls me later and says the drivers window wont go down and the locks don't work. All other windows work. So I click the lock button on the fob and the lights flash and horn sounds but does not lock. I checked fuses and fine. I unhooked the cables and touched them together put back on and same thing. I also read to leave cables unhooked for about 30 mins resets it. Have not tried that. I did notice that it sound sluggish when I turn it over like not a full charge battery. ANY IDEAS ?

Old 01-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

My idea is to have you go back to page one and start with each remedy there..... What I posted has worked for me every time.

Also, this condition can resolve itself, just like I explained previously, after 4-5 ignition cycles, assuming your battery is charged and you have a good connection at both terminals. If you are using the OEM battery terminal connectors, you do not have a good connection.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Default Tired and Frustrated

Ok I unhooked the battery left it that way for an hour and same thing. Yes I am still using the factory battery post connectors. They are a neat design but it appears they are pretty cheap. So I hit my fob and lights flash but doors do not lock. start it and all the windows go down except the drivers. I was thinking about putting in a brand new battery from one of my 4 cars I do not drive and see what that does. Comments welcome.........

Old 01-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Default Pulled fuse

Pulled fuse and having a nice cup of Columbian Supreme (Black and Strong) while crossing fingers. Next step will be cycling the motor. Take for a drive a few times.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:14 PM
Default Nothing

Finished my coffee put the fuses back in and same problem. Pulled the PCM fuses waited for a few. Nothing, So I suppose take it for a drive a few times. Being -20 degrees for a few days kinda limits my ability to work on things.

Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working