Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Default Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Hello All,
I got into my H3 the other day and found that my keyless entry didn't work. Figuring that it may just be the battery in my keychain, i got in only to find that my automatic power locks didn't work. I had to open and lock each door manually. Even putting the H3 into gear didn't lock my doors. Finally i find that my drivers side window will not go up or down.

I tried changing the #8 and #68 fuse, and nothing changed. I can hear the H3 click when i use my keyless entry, but the locks don't move. The rest of my windows go up and down as well.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:16 PM

More than likely the wire harness between the L/F door and cowl is corroded and some of the pins are rotted off (from the corrosion). If the truck is still under 4 yr and 50k warranty take it in. They will probably replace the door harness and repair the body side of the connector. Steve

Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM

same thing happened to me..I took it in and they cleaned everything up re-greased it and I have been good..no charge
Mike

Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM

same thing happened to me like 3 weeks ago. i put the car in reverse and it did not lock.the drivers side window would not roll down but the other 3 worked. the drivers side lock-unlock did not work also the passenger lock- unlock would not work. also when i armed the alarm it made the lock sound but nothing happened took it in and under warranty they replace the whole instrument pannel on the drivers side and have had no issues since. knock on wood they said water sometime gets in there and **** it up so take it in but if u are not under warranty i dont no what it will cost

Last edited by lucky19942001; 02-03-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:21 PM

May well be what the other guys said but try the battery cable thing first..
Mine was doing the same as yours and touching the cables together cured it for me.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Bad battery cable connection resulting in a voltage drop. It has happened to a bunch of people.

The driver side window is on its own circuit, as is the door locks. Check that you have good and tight positive and negative battery cable connection to the battery posts. Wiggle the cables a bit. If it still does not work, pull out and put back fuse #8 and circuit breaker/relay #68. Sometimes wiggling # 68 is all you need to do.

Pulling the fuse or breaker cuts the power and resets the circuit.

Keep in mind when you look at the fuse block key (map layout) in the manual, if you are looking at the fuse block under the hood from the front, you have to flip the manual around so the numbers are upside down to correspond to the correct fuse/breaker location on the truck.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:38 PM

I also thought it was the battery cable cause i have had issues with power loss and am on a top priority wait list for the cable which is a national backorder. they just put a whole new instrumnet cluster on my drivers side which confused me cause what does that have to do with the pasenger side partialy working. but it works for now but i still think it has to do with the bad battery cable which schould be another week atleast be4 they get it

Old 04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Default H3 Window and Door Locks

Exact same thing is happening to me and my H3 2006. Bad enough GM has left us high and dry, mine just dropped off warranty and they are asking a fortune to do any repair work on these vehicles. Can't trade em in...the manager of the Honda dealership actually laughed me out of the showroom actually drawing a crowd when I went to trade mine in.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Default Interesting Fix for this problem

I have been in the auto business for almost 20 years as an asst service manager and service manager as well, I am mechanically inclined and pretty much know my stuff. I have seen so many unusual problems and worked with some of the best techs in the business,,and this fix was the most simple and interesting,, Another Hummer owner on here posted a thread on where he disconnected both battery terminals and thouched them together and then reinstalled the cables to the battery. I found this interesting,,after i checked the #8 fuse and #68 relay,,which was working fine,, i decided to remove the battery terminals,,and to touch them and reinstall the terminals. And believe it or not,,IT WORKED.. my door locks work fine, as does the drivers window. I give many thanks to my fellow Hummer owners as well as this website.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Banned
Default bad connections??

the starter takes hundreds of times more current than anything else so if theres a "dirty" connection expect a clik clik like my old 59 ford!!

it wont crank!!

noise generated might drive the computers nuts so shorting the leads must do a control,alt,del type reset. sounds like a good sticky piece of advice for many ailments

Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working