PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please HELP!!! TPM SERV, Low Tire, and FLAT TIRE LIGHT on for no reason????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Default Please HELP!!! TPM SERV, Low Tire, and FLAT TIRE LIGHT on for no reason????

Hey guys and gals, My wife and I own a 2006 Hummer H3 with stock rims and tires, the H3 has 52k on it, always been problem free till yesterday.

The TPM and FLAT TIRE lights came on. I went to add air at a gas station and all the tires were fine. I drove for 2 days thinking it would reset it self but it has not? I even messed with the push button by the indicator between the RPM and SPEEDO and the only reset lights it had was oil life? No reset for TPM?

It still drives awesome, but flashes LOW TIRE, and TPM SERV....and the (!) flat tire light is on.....What should I do? I don't have factory warranty and don't want to pay a arm and a leg at a stealership. Is there batteries I should change?

Any advice would be awesome, please help!

Thanks!

Old 10-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Probably one of the sensors in the wheels. Most large tire shops have a scanner that can tell which one is bad.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Banned

there is a wired sensor pickup at each wheel. could be those too. i have never looked at them but its been talked about here. have a look. ive never had the problem.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:12 PM

Tomorrow I will take it to a tire company, and have them take a look, this a pain in the butt. I hate faulty sensors especially having 2 kids in the backseat.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:20 PM

i just had the same problem after the dealer rotated the tires last week. i drove it around for a couple days thinking it would go off but it never stayed off. i took it to the dealer this morning and turns out that the sensor in one of the wheels went bad (not by their fault of course!). he told me it would cost $120 to fix. however, i reminded him that i am still under warranty and they are replacing it later in the week for free. the TPMs are not necessary to the function of the truck, they are there for 'comfort'. i personally would have rathered they left those out of the truck.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 PM

I would have to agree that this is likely to be your sensors. Please feel free to contact me if you have further problems getting your concern resolved. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
I would have to agree that this is likely to be your sensors. Please feel free to contact me if you have further problems getting your concern resolved. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
oman, don't give her any information or even another thought! She is here to "HEARD" people into dealerships and then the dealership will charge you for "diagnostic time". Heck, if you want to go to a dealership you can find one on your own without giving out any of your information to some 3rd party cattle rustler who does who knows what withyour information!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned
Default Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Why dont the forum managers stop this crap!!!

Consider this posted everywhere this junk shows up..

Just where is the bitchin about this from the same people who jump on me for posting ,,,facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 AM

Have you rotated your tires and maybe put a new one up on the back door? I know that my sensor error popped up when I had a flat and put the spare on the truck. Just a thought.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 PM

i was having the same issue. I put new sensors in my new wheels and tires and I am still having the same issue. I am gonna hook mine up to a scanner and find out what is tripping it. I'll let you know what I find out

Quick Reply: Please HELP!!! TPM SERV, Low Tire, and FLAT TIRE LIGHT on for no reason????