PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCMForLess Results!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Default PCMForLess Results!!

Got my tune in last night and then drove it to a meeting. Holy. Crap.

That was by far the best money spent on ANY mod. The speedo reads right (somewhat), the shifts are firm and quick, there is definitely a noticeable power difference. At WOT the shifts throw you back in the seat and toss the whole truck forward, incredible. The engine actually sounds different too under hard acceleration, like a finely tuned monster.

Best of all, the throttle response is immaculate now. When I ask for power the truck goes "would you like new underwear with that?".

All in all I would recommend anyone thinking about a pcmforless tune to DO IT.

The only point of contention I have had so far is that at freeway speeds the speedometer is about 5 mph off, which is about what it was before. Now it is 5 mph too fast, so when I’m doing 70 the speedo reads 75. Previously it was about 5mph too slow, so when I was doing 70 it would read 65. However, it IS accurate at city speeds now, which makes very happy.

I decided to go with the dash hawk loaner program and it took about an hour and a half to do the security relearn, and then the CASE relearn. I have a little trouble the TCM and PCM connectors but after that everything was gravy.

This dash hawk is a really cool little program, I did a couple 0-60 runs with it on an empty industrial parkway and I did about 8.6 seconds. Stock performance with 32” street tires is listed on the hummer site as 8.2 seconds. So all in all I’m happy with the tune

Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Ah ............. another believer.

Like I said before, do the PCM tune after an intake and you the difference is like night and day. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM

Is yours an Alpha or I5?

Old 09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

He has the Alpha.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Wink

FYI, It makes a huge difference in the I5 also. Best mod out there. Works even better combined with an Airdoc Intake.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:32 PM

That sounds real good. Glad you are happy, I can see it your typing.
I realize that asking about gas mileage might seem strange, but have you driven it enough on the highway to report any mileage numbers ? I have the I5.
I would be interested if it did not decrease mileage TOO much.
Thanks

Last edited by wfturner; 09-30-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
That sounds real good. Glad you are happy, I can see it your typing.
I realize that asking about gas mileage might seem strange, but have you driven it enough on the highway to report any mileage numbers ? I have the I5.
I would be interested if it did not decrease mileage TOO much.
Thanks
I don't have any hard numbers, but if anything a tune can only help. I drive to the same place every Wednesday night and I noticed that my fuel gauge did not move as much as it usually does.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:27 PM

I am saving my aluminum cans to get the tune! I also want their electronic fan mod.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 AM

Has anyone done any dyno testing w/ improved CAI / high performance filter, cat-back, e fan, and tune? Or does anyone have a sense of the MPG of all that in an H3 under normal daily driving conditions? My '06 is about 1 MPG too low for highway (6 hours on I 30 last night, stock vehicle, 16.8 MPG on 87 octane, but I might be driving it wrong too).

Trying to get a handle on the vehicle, but I haven't had it 24 h yet (already ran it a little in the water thanks to the storms last night).

Old 10-23-2011, 11:16 AM

The speedo error means that part of the tune didn't take, or you have it set up for the wrong tire size. I'd contact Kelly at PCMforless and she'll help you out.

Quick Reply: PCMForLess Results!!