PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Off road in my H3 Links work now

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Default Off road in my H3 Links work now

This is a play area on my own property . Photos from the frame twister .

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=h3trap36sm.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3turtle3ig.jpg

OPPS somthing didnt work , im new around here so somthing is different then other boards im on . sorry

Old 04-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Default RE: Off road in my H3 Links work now

nice pics mud shortbus is going to love you

Old 04-10-2006, 03:57 PM

Let me understand this..You had this huge woods to drive around in, but there was just this one little hole you couldn't avoid driving through?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 04-10-2006, 05:35 PM

I guess you dont get it at all . I off road , that huge woods has a course set up through it for the purpose of testing a vehicles ability . To avoid it would be rather silly in this case . The frame twiester section where the photo is taken is to test the flexibility of a wheeler . Gm did build the H3 to be off roade capable .

Old 04-10-2006, 06:07 PM

Just pulling your chain...I don't off road, But seriously I fully understand that the H3 is one of the most capable...Personally I can't bring myself to put the rig through anything that would/could wreck it..I'm just too much of a mother hen about it...Just me.

So how did it do, mud pit an all?

Old 04-10-2006, 06:39 PM

You and me both, what If I got a scratch on it ?????? [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Well im not complelty nuts , or brave depending how you look at it . With out beating on the H3 it completed about 50% of the course . This course gets worse as you go from start to finish .

Over all it did very well for a stock ride . its doom was high centering on a berm .

The course was built by me ( 15 years off roading ) with the intent of tripping up just about any wheel base off road ride . It was built to be extremely hard for a single locker 33" tire machine .

Heres is a photo of the berm that stopped the run

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3turtle7ea.jpg

Old 04-10-2006, 09:02 PM

Yeah I thought that looked a little over the top..See where you nosed it in somewhere too....But really, my first impression of any of the Hummers was that they'd be better suited on open rock and clear terrain with less underbrush to negotiate...Someday I will get me a good running but not so cosmetically clean 4X4 and take the plunge without regrets..[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-10-2006, 09:41 PM

Dennis, you would hate to see mine right now. I even cringe when I go out and look at it. The scratches aren't anything that can't be buffed out (I hope!) but it does look pretty bad. I hate it when a trail gets tight, but there is no where to turn around and backing back down would be worse then going ahead. Dead pine trees are murder to paint.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 PM

Yes the Texas tumble weeds is what we call them down here in TEXAS will really scratch your paint up really bad. On black it really shows up bad and wont buff out.

Quick Reply: Off road in my H3 Links work now