Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

No power

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Default No power

I have a 2006 hummer h3. I replaced the alternater and put new battery in. The key moves, will not come out, shifter will not move and no power. The fuses are good and battery showing 13.3 volts. Help please.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Did you take out the fuse block?

If so, check two things: 1) that the 12V + and - connections to the upper left of the fuse block were made (where the nuts go over the lug bolts; and, 2) that the wiring harness connectors under the block are snapped completely into the bottom of the fuse block.
Name:  IMG_6372.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  151.5 KB

If you just tried to push the fuse block down on top of the wiring harness connectors, you have about a 20-30% chance that gone done right. There is a trick to that, you have to pull out/up the harness connectors and snap them into the bottom of the fuse block BEFORE you push the fuse block and connectors down into the box. If that connection is not right, you will get no power to the truck.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:50 PM

I will try that. Thanks.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM

Thank you so much. You must be a hummer God. It worked.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:39 PM

welcome to hummer heaven, keep coming back!
i think doc has seen it all, more than once.
you might want to go back a year and read some posts

Old 08-30-2016, 06:41 PM

A god might be a little much, but it seems that he knows a thing or two about a thing or two...lol

Old 08-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hello my flock, the almighty is here to resolve your Hummer issues. Confession available by appointment.

I've been called a lot of things, even God.... followed by damned (insert descriptive noun or two here).

Back when they were selling the roof top off road light and the marker light kits, they connect to certain pins in the harness under the fuse block, this problem used to happen all the time. Once you learn the trick to it, no biggy. Glad to help.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Hello my flock, the almighty is here to resolve your Hummer issues. Confession available by appointment.

I've been called a lot of things, even God.... followed by damned (insert descriptive noun or two here).

Back when they were selling the roof top off road light and the marker light kits, they connect to certain pins in the harness under the fuse block, this problem used to happen all the time. Once you learn the trick to it, no biggy. Glad to help.
man if you could help me out not to hijack but I don’t want to start a new thread. I replaced the thermostat on my h3. In doing so I removed the fuse box as op. Replaced thermo and tried installing the fuse block back in found out you do have to clip the connectors in first. I did that. And everything is working normal except one thing. The Tcm is not getting power. It can drive but immediately puts itself in limp mode. 4high and four low work. Speedo works. But throws the mil transmission code every start up. I’m stumped.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:15 PM

Also power to fuse is good and no voltage to pink on tcm

Old 04-27-2021, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Samdust
man if you could help me out not to hijack but I don’t want to start a new thread. I replaced the thermostat on my h3. In doing so I removed the fuse box as op. Replaced thermo and tried installing the fuse block back in found out you do have to clip the connectors in first. I did that. And everything is working normal except one thing. The Tcm is not getting power. It can drive but immediately puts itself in limp mode. 4high and four low work. Speedo works. But throws the mil transmission code every start up. I’m stumped.
Here is the THING, we want you to START A NEW THREAD instead of digging up OLD as dirt dinosaurs. Might even get answers when you do..... READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'