Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

No more hummer?? Can I get parts in future??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 AM

Okay because the Debate in my house hold is on if I should go for the h3 or if I should stick to Chevy and get an 07+ avalanche. Cant go wrong with gm.. I can replace/work on nearly
All of my maintence but the idea of a possibility of no parts seems like a disaster..

Old 01-23-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
WFTurner we must have been posting at the same time :lol
Creative and knowledgable minds think alike [sic]
I must have hit "Submit Reply" one second sooner than you

Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 AM

Most people only keep a vehicle a few years anyway so go for it. And no, Hummer is not coming back regardless of what idiot gets to sit in the white house next, The public perception of the brand is what killed it. People that actually use the vehicle as intended are less than 1% of the buyers.

I have restored quite a few vehicles over the years so I know when to hoard specific parts if I plan on keeping something for a long time. I am hoarding like a fiend.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
The public perception of the brand is what killed it. People that actually use the vehicle as intended are less than 1% of the buyers.
You are spot on with this issue.
Most people lump this H3 into the same category as the H2. Most people never realize that there are many other cars and trucks that get worse mileage than the H3. Even I agree that the H2 is huge and gets terrible mileage.
I bought my H3 to take off road, which I do, but that happens only about four times a year
Sadly the H3, in its current form, will never come back as the truck it is today.

Last edited by wfturner; 01-23-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM

And strangely enough most folks look at a Jeep Wrangler 4DR as a cute little vehicle while they regard the H3 as a gas guzzling behemoth. Since we have one of each in the same garage, I am here to tell you they are almost identical in length & width, very close in weight. Gas mileage is about 1-2 MPG better on the Wrangler at most.

People in general are sheep. They believe what they hear most.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Default totally understand the dilemna.

I was recently in the same boat so to speak, before purchasing a used H3. Thinking along the exact same lines,looked at jeeps,escalades,as well as other suv's particularly the gm line. As I am and have always been die hard bowtieguy, owning a 20+yr old K5 blazer for many years without issue. So for me buying a H3 was a temporary (if parts become hard to find) but positive move considering H3 parts "are still dealer available" and almost all K5 blazer parts were discontinued quite a while back. The best suggestion I can make from experience owning a vehicle that is at times hard to find parts for is.... if your thinking about buying one or own one already take care of it, ie. proper maintenance. Also get schooled like on this forum on the issues of that particular vehicle, so you can prevent or pro-long certain possible failures. If this one lasts me 10+ years... which should be easy, I will be more than happy! I personally like the fact that hummers are somewhat unique already and they are not like heeps,or yo-yo land crappers, in the sense every stop light, mall parking lot or whatever there goes another 10 of them. Less is more if ya know what I mean.

Last edited by bowtieturninghummerguy?; 01-23-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Thumbs up

Totally agree Bowtie. U-NEEK was a big attraction for us when we bought our first H3 in 2006. Now on our 3rd and looking to add a "daily driver" Hummer to our "fleet" since we're dedicating our '08 Alpha to the car show circuit.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 AM
rsc

Bowtie, you should see how many Hummers there are around here! Not as many as Jeeps, but more than FJs. Any place I go I can just about count on finding another on the road, parking and dealer's lot. Overall though I would say they are still a low volume vehicle if you count the number of Hondas I see in comparison.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 AM

I don't know why people think an H3 is a huge lumbering beast. Most people that hop in mine for the first time give me the oh I've never been in a Hummer before with the slightly disgusted tone. Once they look around and hop up and down in the seat a few times they figure out it's not actually a Humvee like their friend who knows everything told them and start asking all kinds of fun questions.
The H2 is a big giant lumbering beast. Still I want an sut to tow with though, or an H1. More parts to hoard, going to have to rent a storage shed soon.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

With some 162000 H3s sold, I won't loose any sleep over parts.

If I had a 3T, I might look for a few select body pieces.

Quick Reply: No more hummer?? Can I get parts in future??