Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

No more hummer?? Can I get parts in future??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Default No more hummer?? Can I get parts in future??

Hey guys.. Im interested in buying a h3 I really like them but I'm concerned with the fact there's no new hummers being produced. Will it be hard to obtain parts in the next 5 years? Also how do you believe the resale will be I most likely will keep it forever lol but will anyone want them or do you think think these will become an instant classic? Mostly concerned about obtaining parts let me know what you've heard or know about this thanks!

Old 01-22-2012, 07:36 AM

By law every auto manufacture has to make parts for a ten years after a model year
Always hard to tell if a any vehicle will end up being a classic. Time is the only true answer
I'm very happy with mine and it has been almost fault free. And it does everything I ask of it off road
and is easy to drive down the highway.

Last edited by wfturner; 01-22-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:41 AM

I believe manufactuers are required to make parts for discountinued vehicles for 10 years after the date which they ceased manufacturing so you should be good. OEM accessories may not be readily available.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Default even further on topic.....

I believe there is also a ratio of extra parts to total vehicles built that is required by all manufacturers. so there should be extras around after that. I still find occasional nos oem gm parts for my 65 nova 40+ yrs later.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 PM

That is just it, the ratio on an already low volume production vehicle is really low. People have to wait on parts now, In another 5 or 10 years hummer specific things will be ridiculously difficult to find.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Default waiting on parts now ??

I have not heard of that being an issue, at least not in my area. All parts seem to be available at the dealership as well as many aftermarket parts. also.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM

Hummer will be back once we vote Obama out of office this November.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:07 PM

Do you trust GM to fulfill that obligation? The law has not seem to scare them in the past. You know the guys that dropped the H3.
A lot of parts are generic GM and some have been picked up by the same guys that make them for other GM products. H3 specific parts are already out of stock in some regional distributor areas. Tie rods have been picked up by NAPA who owns two places that make them.
The H3 body parts might be what will be hard to find at some point and trim pieces.
Switches specific to the H3 are also selling out.
If they keep making the Colorado/Canyon some of those parts will exchange and might be a good thing.
However that wonderful steering rack made by Mondo Corporation in South Korea and some parts from Mexico may go away.

There were not many OEM accessories.
I'm hoarding!

Old 01-23-2012, 05:38 AM

WFTurner we must have been posting at the same time :lol

Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by H32006
Hummer will be back once we vote Obama out of office this November.

Couldn't of said it any better!

Quick Reply: No more hummer?? Can I get parts in future??