PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Tires

Old 11-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Default New Tires

Going to buy a set of new tires tomorrow I haven't decided on what to get, I have Yokohama geolanders AT on it when I bought they were a really good tire and are down to the wear bars and I don't want to go into winter like that. I have always bought BFG AT and they are a great tire but I have thought about trying Cooper AT3's anybody ever try them?

Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 PM
rsc

Sounds like any one of them would be good choices. I hear the AT3 is a solid performing AT, just less offroad oriented than a Duratrac.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:49 PM

be prepared to hear that " you should only buy American blah blah blah" that get posted by some on EVERY single tire post.

Tire looks good for a daily driver, all depends on what you want the tire for. depending on the price it sounds like a good tire from what I've read, but no personal experience. I have fierce altitude mt tires which are aggressive in tread and made by cooper and so far not extremely happy with wear, we'll see how they do this winter though. read through plenty of reviews on tire sites, not just here and you should be good.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by staggs
be prepared to hear that " you should only buy American blah blah blah" that get posted by some on EVERY single tire post.
LOL

Hard to get hurt with BFG I have used those in the past, also had good luck with (and just ordered 5 new )Terra Grapplers..

Old 11-25-2013, 04:15 AM
rsc

LOL, and you know WHO will make the "Buy American" comment too!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:16 AM

I run the Goodyear Duratracs on mine. Good on/off road tire. Best thing is shop around and get the type of tire you need/want.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by steinerss
I run the Goodyear Duratracs on mine. Good on/off road tire. Best thing is shop around and get the type of tire you need/want.
don't think I've ever read a bad word about Duratracs other than price..

How are they wearing for ya ??

Old 11-25-2013, 12:28 PM

so far there doesn't seem to be as much wear as some other tires I've run. I've put quite a few miles on them on gravel roads, off road, on highway and an NWT winter. Still lots of tread left. The price is up there but the deal I got I couldn't say no. I've heard complaints of road noise but they are an on/off road tire so there is a little road noise. If you care about road noise get a touring tire.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:58 PM

I am running Duratracs on my H3.
I'm on my second set.

My first set were 285/75/16, but after a while I wanted bigger tires so I went to 315/75/16's for my second set.
The 285's had about 20,000 miles on them and they still looked almost new.
Threw them up on Craigslist and they sold to the first guy that looked at them for my full asking price.

I'd get another set without question.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:14 PM

If Duratracs are too pricey then there is always the Kelly Safari TSR. They are the same tread pattern and same tire just in a less expensive generic model. Still made by Goodyear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Tires