PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New style key fob

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Default New style key fob

A while back there was talk of a new style key fob that would remote start the vehicle, and have a little display on it that showed you fuel level, radio station, turn on air/heat, etc.. Has this come to fruition on the 2009 model H3s?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:22 PM

Not on the H3T's it didn't

Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 PM
JNR

What would be the point of some of that stuff on a key fob though, besides being 'neat'?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM

yeah not really sure the usefulness of all of it, radio for certain wasnt standing out at me, but heat/ac control, gas level, and the extended range would be nice. The range was supposed to be something like 3x the normal range. And I don't remember reading it, but was hoping it was going to be like the new cadillac fob that is completely keyless, whereas you need no key and just carry the fob. But not sure if that was even in the original information about the fob or if i am just wishing that to be true.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:51 PM

yeah keyless fobs...so only your body needs to be in the car for them to have it /sarcasm off

Old 02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Never heard of it?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:48 PM

i have a pursiut alarm/starter model PR09801 and it was installed by the dealer. and in the instruction book under additional feautures it does say on select models.
chech vehicle status (only on remote start unit)
temp start mode (certain models)
daily start timer ( certain models)
check temp (certain models) this is one feature u where talking about and very cool
there are more but u get the concept. i have never heard of the radio function u are talking about but have heard of the gas check but not on my model

Old 02-21-2009, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by lucky19942001
i have a pursiut alarm/starter model PR09801 and it was installed by the dealer. and in the instruction book under additional feautures it does say on select models.
chech vehicle status (only on remote start unit)
temp start mode (certain models)
daily start timer ( certain models)
check temp (certain models) this is one feature u where talking about and very cool
there are more but u get the concept. i have never heard of the radio function u are talking about but have heard of the gas check but not on my model
i actually install that exact model of remote starts for dealers. audiovox makes the pursuit line specifically for the company i work for. if anyone is in the chicagoland area and would like one of these installed, let me know, because i will do it for about half of the price a dealer would charge.(and keep in mind if you get it done at a dealer, i would possibly be the one doing it anyway)

Old 02-21-2009, 12:40 PM

just curious what u charge for the system and install. my system was $250 and $249 install so since u said half u charge will install be $124.50 and if i send any business your way u will give me half of that for commision correct cause i got 8 and counting. lets do this. JK i have no 1 interested and most people i no would go to the dealer cause if there are any problems they take care of it and who no's if they would be able to track u down. example - remote start not working correct and they need a little time they just give u a hummer rental on them, the remote start is a lemon they have a unit there and they pull it and put new one in no charge and no dealing with audiovox and so on. atleast thats how my dealer is. always take care of me and make sure i am never with out a hummer

Old 02-21-2009, 08:03 PM

so you are saying you paid $499 total? thats actually not too bad for a dealer price. i charge $350 and i have the products on hand at all time. i dont have a rental hummer for everyone, but i am able to warranty all of my products, so i would just swap something out if it is defective and the customer wouldnt have to worry about it. i know a lot of people would rather go to a dealer, but i also know a lot of people would like to save some money, especially in these tough times with the economy. i was just trying to save some fellow hummer owners some money!

Quick Reply: New style key fob