PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Hummer, Question about Alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Default RE: New Hummer, Question about Alarm.

http://www.element-119.com/H3 --- Sorry about that, I had a space in the link

Old 07-01-2007, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Nick119

http://www.element-119.com/H3 --- Sorry about that, I had a space in the link

SWEET!!!!!Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 198
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 07-01-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

HummBob how much did that alarm system run you? And where did you purchase/have it installed? Thanks a lot for the informative posts!

BTW HummBob, your truck is unbelievable. Do you have any instant messanging programs?
Thanks Nick!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!

After checking my invoice, it was right around $700 Canadian with taxes and installation. I had to installed at my Dealer actually!!! They sell/service two different brands of car alarm/starters.

Maybe call the 1-888 # to find someone local. Here's the info:

Consumers in the US
Please contact us Monday through Friday - 8 AM through 5 PM Pacific Standard to locate a dealer in your area.

Firstech LLC.

Toll Free: 888.820.3690
Main Line: 206.957.3780
Main Fax: 206.957.3330
Email:
Dealer Locator

Yikes...
I think I got way over charged on my system....[]

Old 07-01-2007, 02:50 PM

HummBobgave detailsabout the Compustar Pro in a previous thread, and since my wife offered me a remote starter, I decided to look into it.The short story is that my dealer sales rep has still not answered my question as to whether their service department can install it (the Service Manager said no without looking at it the day I was picking up my Hummer and the sales rep said that they would check into it). I have had my Hummer just short of a month, and now I have the service questionaire from Hummer. I will be calling the sales rep to let him know that I will be sure to mention the lack of response when I send this questionaireback. Yes, if I supply Compustar Pro to them they lose a sale of their own remote starter, but they do get the labor charges from me for installing it and of course, they also have a happy customer. Anyone know of a reason that the dealership would not install it?

Old 07-01-2007, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BassGear

HummBob how much did that alarm system run you? And where did you purchase/have it installed? Thanks a lot for the informative posts!

BTW HummBob, your truck is unbelievable. Do you have any instant messanging programs?

After checking my invoice, it was right around $700 Canadian with taxes and installation. I had to installed at my Dealer actually!!! They sell/service two different brands of car alarm/starters.

Consumers in the US
Please contact us Monday through Friday - 8 AM through 5 PM Pacific Standard to locate a dealer in your area.

Firstech LLC.

Email:
Dealer Locator

Yikes...
Do you have THE SAME system?? What did you pay??

It might be that I have a SUPER relationship with my dealer??

Old 07-01-2007, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: BassGear

Consumers in the US

Firstech LLC.

Email:
Dealer Locator

Yikes...
Do you have THE SAME system?? What did you pay??

It might be that I have a SUPER relationship with my dealer??
No, I have a Clifford 50.5X system. I picked this system mostly forthree reasons: [/align]1)The one mile visual two-way link range.[/align]2) Digital tilt motion sensor. (for instant wheel, and towing protection) Chrome rims in the near future.[/align]3) Blackjax. It's an anti-car jack add-on that will let the perp get a block, or two away and automatically disable my rig, then sound the horn, and lights, and it willNOT re-start for the thugs. Which should cause the frustrated fools to abandon my rig.[/align][/align]Anyway I had a local shop install the system but since this is thesame well known and trusted shop that installs for many of the Oakland A's, and Oakland Raiders I'mthinking they just charge more cuz they are in high demand.[/align]

Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 AM

Sounds like a COOL SYSTEM!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 PM

yoo!!! i'm new to this forum!! i joined cuz my parents got an h3... pretty pimp! i'll post a picture later..but i got a question regarding the compustar 2w9000fmr...unfortunately i wasn't at the shop when my parents picked it up so i couldn't talk to the installers. but i'm having some difficulty already with the autostart. this is my first time owning a compustar. i do own an autostart for my own car..but its completely different from this one. this compustar one is high tech. lol its pretty neat actually!
so yeah i try to start the h3 with the remote..and after a few seconds.. it'll beep twice with a picture of the side door opening on the remote..and automatically shut off. anyone know why? save me a trip back to the shop!
i can't warm up the car at all.. it just turns off after a few seconds
i hope i'm not the only one who encountered this problem...

actually the shop we got it done at called us earlier and said they needed to keep the hummer for another day because of difficulty making the autostart work...then they called back and said they got it working...but it just shuts off every 3-4 seconds..hmm..
i'm sure they explained something to my dad..but knowing him..he was probably like.. yeah yeah yeah ok ok ok i understand...
but really ...he didn't know sh*t! haha
anyway..this is kind of a complicated way of explaining my problem..hope i grab someones attention!
hummbob seems pretty knowledgeable!
please and thanks!
1<3

Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 PM

Try their WEBSITE:

http://www.compustar.com/main.htm

Go to PRODUCTS, and click on the P2W9000FMR remote and the Manual is there as a PDF!!

Old 08-05-2007, 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Trayderjoe

HummBobgave detailsabout the Compustar Pro in a previous thread, and since my wife offered me a remote starter, I decided to look into it.The short story is that my dealer sales rep has still not answered my question as to whether their service department can install it (the Service Manager said no without looking at it the day I was picking up my Hummer and the sales rep said that they would check into it). I have had my Hummer just short of a month, and now I have the service questionaire from Hummer. I will be calling the sales rep to let him know that I will be sure to mention the lack of response when I send this questionaireback. Yes, if I supply Compustar Pro to them they lose a sale of their own remote starter, but they do get the labor charges from me for installing it and of course, they also have a happy customer. Anyone know of a reason that the dealership would not install it?
I'd highly suggest NOT having the dealership do the install. You'll be much better off having an alarm installer put it in. 80% of an alarm is the install, if it's a bad install,the alarm isworhthless.

Most dealerships don't do the alarm installs anyway. They contract with a shop that sends people out to the dealer to do the install. These are the guys that don't have the experiance yet to work IN the shop. The only thing you get by having the dealership do it is a heafty markup because they called the guy to come out and do it.

Quick Reply: New Hummer, Question about Alarm.