PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new GM bulletin...raffi could this be the noise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Default new GM bulletin...raffi could this be the noise?

Subject: Itch or Squeak Type Noise Coming from Lower Drivers Door Area (Reposition Park Brake Cable) #06-05-26-002 - (08/15/2006)

Models: 2006-2007 HUMMER H3

Condition
Some customers may comment on an itch or squeak type noise coming from the lower driver's door area. This noise typically occurs when driving over uneven road surfaces.

Cause
The cause of this condition may be due to the park brake cable rubbing on the frame near the front left side body mount.

Subject: 4L60-E, 4L65-E Automatic Transmission Fluid Leak from Oil Pump or Bell Housing Area (Remove Burrs on Torque Converter Hub, Pump Drive Slots, Replace Torque Converter Hub-to-Oil Pump Seal Assem. (243)) #06-07-30-016 - (07/18/2006)

Models: 2006 Buick Rainier

2006 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2006 Chevrolet Colorado, Corvette, Express, Silverado, SSR, TrailBlazer

2006-2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe

2006 GMC Canyon, Envoy, Savana, Sierra

2006-2007 GMC Yukon

2007 GMC Yukon XL

2006 Pontiac GTO

2006 HUMMER H2, H3

2006 Saab 9-7X

with 4L60-E or 4L65-E Automatic Transmission (RPOs M30 or M32)

Condition
Some customers may comment on an automatic transmission fluid leak. Upon further investigation, the technician may find fluid leaking from the oil pump or bell housing area. This leak may be very slight with only dampness of one or two drops of ATF observed at the bottom of the bellhousing.

Cause
Investigation of 2006 transmissions has shown small scratches or cuts in the torque converter hub-to-pump seal (243). These scratches or cuts may be caused by small burrs on the torque converter hub, pump drive slots.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Default RE: new GM bulletin...raffi could this be the noise?

Yes I had this noise also but its not the same, they fixed it couple months back ! thanks for looking out

Old 08-29-2006, 12:08 AM

I wonder if that's the noise I'm hearing that I thought was the suspension. It kicks in for a little while on rougher road and may last for a few hours...then it stops for a day or two.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Subject: Itch or Squeak Type Noise Coming from Lower Drivers Door Area (Reposition Park Brake Cable) #06-05-26-002 - (08/15/2006)

Models: 2006-2007 HUMMER H3

Condition
Some customers may comment on an itch or squeak type noise coming from the lower driver's door area. This noise typically occurs when driving over uneven road surfaces.

Cause
The cause of this condition may be due to the park brake cable rubbing on the frame near the front left side body mount.

I'm sitting at my dealer right now trying to get them to fix this.... they kept telling me that there was no info available about this problem. Thanks importkiller.... searched the forums for this post and gave the service manager the #06-05-26-02 code. They are fixing it right now.... Glad the forums are here!!

Old 09-23-2006, 08:37 AM

l aso have the same noise in my drivers side door! I noticed it the day after I bought my H3 and it is driving me crazy. I notice that when it is raining out, the noise goes away. I first thought it was a loose speaker and then decide to give my hinges a light oiling. Still there. Thanks for the heads up and I will take it to my dealer at the first 3000 mile oil change.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM

I thought i'd bring this one back from the grave. I took my 07to the dealer for this exact sound . everytime i steped on the brake/gas hit a bump turned etc. it made a squeaking sound on the drivers side lower door area and had no clue what it was i thought it was something in the door panel rubbing or under the dash no clue so when i took it to the dealer i told them and they said some clips were broken in the door and they moved the parking brake cable like i had asked them to do per the gm bulletin you had advised us of. I get my car back and guess what yup!! Still there So i took it upon myself to figure this out ..moved the car with door closed could still hear it opened the door moved it again and it was louder got under the car and moved it BAM! there it was Brake cable with a half A$@ ZIP TIE on it to keep it from rubbing on the frame. Got to love the stealership ! was not moved or even tucked out from the trouble spot.. So i moved it myself and no more annoying squeak!!! Anybody else hear this sound? I can post pics of they exact spot of this issue if it can be of some help!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 PM

Got the same problem. However, after dealing with the brake cable I also had to have the dealership fix the harness to the driver door as the harness plug pulled away from the door when the plastic clips that were installed broke. This resulted in the harness disconnecting resulting in no power windows, door locks, etc.

Dealership had to remove door panel, install new clips and fix the harness plug with an end to the mysterious door squeak/rattle

Old 01-10-2007, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: jm4490

I thought i'd bring this one back from the grave. I took my 07to the dealer for this exact sound . everytime i steped on the brake/gas hit a bump turned etc. it made a squeaking sound on the drivers side lower door area and had no clue what it was i thought it was something in the door panel rubbing or under the dash no clue so when i took it to the dealer i told them and they said some clips were broken in the door and they moved the parking brake cable like i had asked them to do per the gm bulletin you had advised us of. I get my car back and guess what yup!! Still there So i took it upon myself to figure this out ..moved the car with door closed could still hear it opened the door moved it again and it was louder got under the car and moved it BAM! there it was Brake cable with a half A$@ ZIP TIE on it to keep it from rubbing on the frame. Got to love the stealership ! was not moved or even tucked out from the trouble spot.. So i moved it myself and no more annoying squeak!!! Anybody else hear this sound? I can post pics of they exact spot of this issue if it can be of some help!
Inquiring minds wanna know..Please post some pics here..Thanks

Old 01-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Pics of brake cable
You can see this if you lay on your back and look up right behind the drivers side front wheel the parking brake cable goes in between the body and some mounts in the far bottomright on one of these pictures you can see where the blue paint was worn off by rubbing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1419/97CBDF05E75D463D82768D73773AD2AE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1419/20043C26488D49FDB90CD2C4B8D15F0B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1419/3A8B6EF9474D4BAC90F1C7E6BAA6C23C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1419/183F96BFA5594B85BF9AEDC4CC0F5042.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Sorry pic # 1 shows the wear in the middle of the pic not bottom right i center the pic!

Quick Reply: new GM bulletin...raffi could this be the noise?