PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Researching H3 purchase - need help deciphering delaer option codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Default Researching H3 purchase - need help deciphering delaer option codes

Hi everyone,

I am researching a possible purchase of an H3. I want the H3 Alpha with the optional off road suspension and locking rear differential. It seems to be a hard-to-find combination butI _think_ one of the local dealers may have found a vehicle that could work for me. They have sent me the following list which supposedly details the options on this particular vehicle:

Color1: 75U Graphite Metallic
Color2: N/A Trim: 193 Ebony Leather
Trim Package: 1SE PACKAGE OPTION 05 R13 Chrome Appearance Pkg Engine: N/A Trans: M30 Transmission 4 - Speed Auto w/Overdrive Other: AG1 Seat Adjuster (Driver) AG2 Seat Adjuster (Passenger) AR9 Frt Reclining Bucket Seats ASF Air Bag System B32 Frt Carpeted Floormats B33 Rear Carpeted Flormats B41 Cargo Area Carpeted Floormat CF5 Power Sunroof CGY Fabric Cargo Cover GT5 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio PCJ CA / NV Alpha Value Pkg. QB8 Thin Spoke Flanged 16 X 7.5 Alum Whl QLB Tire LT 285/75R16 BW T96 Fog Lamps U2K XM Satellite Radio UE1 Onstar UG1 Universal Home Remote UM8 AM/FM Stereo w/CD Nav Clock UQA Monsoon Sound System UVC Camera, Rear View VK3 LICENSE PLATE FRONT FRT MOUNTING PKG YF5 CERTIFICATION EMISSION, CALIFORNIA Z82 Trailering Equipment ZM6 CHASSIS PACKAGE "OFF ROAD" SUSPENSION

My question is: is the "ZM6" package thepackage with off road suspension, off road tires and a locking rear differential? Are the tires listed here any good for off-road driving?

This dealer is absolutely stedfast in claiming that ALL H3's come with a rear differential that locks when in low range. I don't quite buy that explanation, I think they are confusing the center diff with the rear diff.

The dealer has quoted me a sale price of $39285. Do you think that's a good price?

I am not real crazy about the chrome package but if I have to live with that to get an Alpha w. the rear locking diff, then so be it.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Default RE: Researching H3 purchase - need help deciphering delaer option codes

The 285's should be good for regular off-road use. If you are doing heavy off roading you may want to go with something that has heavier tread.
You get the locking differential with the offroad package. Not sure what the dealer was trying to say.
the price isn't bad, but I would try to knock them down a little more....it all depends on where you are located....each zone has different rebates and specials.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:22 PM

The Adventure package is basically the offroad suspension, 285 A/T tires and the rear locking diff - you get them all together. If you are getting an Alpha with the Adventure package for that price, I think you are doing okay, especially since it looks like you are getting a Nav and rear camera. Many opinions about the tires will come up but the tires are decent and way, way better than the 265s that come on the non-Adventure models.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

I paid 41,500.00 when they first came out for one optioned exactly like yours except I did not have the back up camera. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Your dealer is wrong about all H3's coming with a rear locking differential. I want to point that out again even though others have already.

If you don't have the button on the dash you don't have a locking diff. Period.