PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Matte Black hummer just having some fun

Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Thumbs up Matte Black hummer just having some fun

Thank you for pointing out my failure to fully appreciate the importance of not posting material that would reflect poorly on the off road community and potentially result in further land use restrictions when certain groups who are against our sport may have found my video and tried to use it against us. I apologize for not thinking this through before posting the material.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 04-19-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 AM

I have a solid black tactical edition I'm thinking about taking to matte black instead of the gloss. I haven't decided, I'm a little on the fence about it after I was told about how difficult it was to keep the paint clean..

Old 04-18-2012, 02:38 AM

BBC's Top Gear once reviewed a matt black BMW M3 and they complained about one thing: if a bird dropping lands on your vehicle, the first thing you MUST do is to wipe it off immediately. Because if you don't, it will ruin your matt black finish.

Probably have to forget about off-roading to maintain it –*natural dirt and all other natural residues would ruin it as well, if that's the case.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:43 AM

why dont you wrap it with black wrap or carbon ? removable....and protects the paintwork..

Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by smpfalzer
I have a solid black tactical edition I'm thinking about taking to matte black instead of the gloss. I haven't decided, I'm a little on the fence about it after I was told about how difficult it was to keep the paint clean..

well one thing is for sure never pressure wash your car with a matte black paint job because it doesnt have the clear coat to protect it and it could chip off ...all in all i love my matte black paint job i do wash it but who cares its a freaking hummer its suppose to look muddy n dirty ..... i would hand wash mine alll the time but honestly i would go with a wrap 3m media

Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM

You know, someone else here in Washington mentiond that to me. Getting the vinyl wraps and heat-shrinking it on..

Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 AM

Nice, posting an Illegal wheeling video not only here (dumb) but on YouTube too (even dumber)!

Looks like destruction of public property and several other traffic offences to, and your the one posted the link to the actual evidence (dumbass)!!!

You have been voted into the "Brain Trust" for this one!

MODS, please remove that video from this post.

Last edited by TAINTER; 04-19-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

I have taken the time to correct your opening post to appropriately respond to the situation where another member brought the impropriety of your post to your attention. While it may have been a harsh awakening, it did accomplish its intended purpose.

Continued posting in the manner which prompted my editing will result in loss of your forum privileges.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.