PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Loose drivers side mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Default Bad Mirrors

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
Yea. Get the dealer to order a 3rd mirror. There is a bunch of bad one's.
Any way to tell what mirrors our good?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Default Bas Mirror

I opened my one carefully (be carefull with the little plastic tabs). The problem resides in that the system used for folding and holding the mirror is made of plastic and wears out pretty fast by vibration. I pushed a small metal washer where the mirror swivels and it worked (stills swivels, doesn't vibrate). I will be doing the same in a couple of weeks to the passenger mirror. Hope to make some photos.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:47 AM

I will attempt to take mine apart and try to shim it with a washer as well. We need to post some pics so everyone knows how to take apart the plastics, do the mod, and enjoy a wobble free mirror

Old 04-21-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBROEREN
okay, so i've had my hummer for about 2 months now. And I notice when i'm on the freeway and hit about 60, my drivers side mirror starts to make an annoying hummingish vibrating kind of sound. It's really annoying. I notice that it is moving around alot in the wind. not like it's going to fall off, but considerably shaking around. i look over at the passenger side mirror and it seems to be more stable. I'm not just talking about the mirror, but the whole housing. Does anyone else have this problem? And if so, is there a way to tighten the mirror? Or do I need a new one? ugh.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

~jenn
I have this problem...... But I was backing into the garage after drinking with the wife on our anniversary... and BAM, I caught the edge of the garage/house!! Needless to say there is no way to tighten it down. If the clip that holds the mirror to the base is broken, just replace the holder stay for the mirror.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Any one who has owned an H3 knows of these shaky mirrors, both left and right mirrors.
I did the simple shim from the outside, no disassembly necessary and they are rock solid.
I figured there are few time you need to collapse down your mirrors, so simple shimming worked for me.
It also sounds like new mirrors end up doing the exact same thing. Why bother.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

really love to see pix of this one

Old 05-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Default H2 Hummer 07 2007 Loose Mirror Fix

Put mirror selector in middle (nuetral) press mirror adjustment 4 way switch on the right side to close mirror (resets gears) the mirror should fold in. Then press left side of the 4 way adjuster, mirrors should fold out and be locked in place.
Originally Posted by JBROEREN
okay, so i've had my hummer for about 2 months now. And I notice when i'm on the freeway and hit about 60, my drivers side mirror starts to make an annoying hummingish vibrating kind of sound. It's really annoying. I notice that it is moving around alot in the wind. not like it's going to fall off, but considerably shaking around. i look over at the passenger side mirror and it seems to be more stable. I'm not just talking about the mirror, but the whole housing. Does anyone else have this problem? And if so, is there a way to tighten the mirror? Or do I need a new one? ugh.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

~jenn

Old 05-15-2016, 08:24 PM

First of all, this is a 4 year old thread. Second, this is a flaw within the mirror itself, not a matter of the gears in the mirror not being locked in place. Third, the H3 doesn't have the auto fold feature (there is no center/neutral position on the H3 mirror button).

Last edited by 650Hawk; 05-16-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:16 PM

i wonder if you could wrap a piece of wire around the gap and pull it in to tighten it?
maybe twice?

Old 05-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Default Wow...

FIRST OF ALL... Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum. SECOND... Regardless of timeframe forums exist to provide helpful information, correct? THIRD... RTFTopic clearly states H2 2007... FOURTH... I possibly could have started a new topic but opted to include in a related topic since this one was already blown to pieces. Thanks and Cheers!
Originally Posted by 650Hawk
First of all, this is a 4 year old thread. Second, this is a flaw within the mirror itself, not a matter of the gears in the mirror not being locked in place. Third, the H3 doesn't have the auto fold feature (there is no center/neutral position on the H3 mirror button).

Quick Reply: Loose drivers side mirror?