PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose drivers side mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM

I have had 2 replaced on the drivers side and warranty covered it both times.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Default Well that didn't work......

The jb weld dried good and the plastic looked like it was going to hold. The mirror assembly was tight. I reinstalled the plastic covers and as soon as I moved the mirrors back to the "home" position I felt the plastic break again. Dammit! Got to figure something else out

Old 10-17-2011, 09:27 AM

I have had my drivers side mirror replaced twice on my HT3 and it still shakes at highways speeds. Any one have a fix?

Old 10-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by XK-22
I have had my drivers side mirror replaced twice on my HT3 and it still shakes at highways speeds. Any one have a fix?
I would like to look into this for you. Was this concern fixed by a dealer? Please feel free to contact me privately with more information including the last eight of your VIN and I will be able to take further steps. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by XK-22
Yea. Get the dealer to order a 3rd mirror. There is a bunch of bad one's.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Default Still Shakes

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
I would like to look into this for you. Was this concern fixed by a dealer? Please feel free to contact me privately with more information including the last eight of your VIN and I will be able to take further steps. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Here is the VIN # 5GNEN13L898134773

The dealer did much replacing, but it still shakes. Must be a design flaw. Looks like it's time for duct tape! That will make the Ford guys laugh.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by xk-22

here is the vin # 5GNEN13L898134773

the dealer did much replacing, but it still shakes. Must be a design flaw. Looks like it's time for duct tape! That will make the ford guys laugh.

5GNEN13L898134773

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 AM

I fixed mine by simply folding up a 2" piece of paper so it was about 6-8 layers thick, pulled my mirror in, slipped the paper between the mirror housing and base and slowly moved the mirror into position while helping the paper slide in. It acts as a shim to fill the gap. I've had to replace it once in a year. Best part, FREE. Works great.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Default Mirror

Originally Posted by jescobe82
I fixed mine by simply folding up a 2" piece of paper so it was about 6-8 layers thick, pulled my mirror in, slipped the paper between the mirror housing and base and slowly moved the mirror into position while helping the paper slide in. It acts as a shim to fill the gap. I've had to replace it once in a year. Best part, FREE. Works great.
The part that aggravates me is the dealer acts like I am the crazy one.
I had my buddy drive the the truck and he said "If I had to look at that everyday I would be sick"

My neighbor "The Ford Guy" Just laughed!

F the dealer, and F GM should have got a Toyota Tundra.

I done. Duct tape and silicone is my next step.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:18 AM

I was washing my truck a couple of weeks ago, and the passenger side mirror trim piece on the bottom came right off in my hand. They ordered me an entire new mirror, and wrote it up as a loose mirror, as the 'falling off' trim piece didn't qualify as a warrantied item. While there, I checked the driver's side, and the whole assembly was loose (something I hadn't noticed before), I pointed it out, and they replaced that one too. 2 new mirrors, no hassle, no wobble. I guess it all depends on the dealership as to the kind of service you get.

Quick Reply: Loose drivers side mirror?