Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Light bar in grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 11:41 PM

@dukie748 - Nice pics. Looks good.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:49 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by dukie748
Truck is being serviced so I can't take pics right now. I used the brackets that came with the light along with some stiff metal plates and used existing mounting points, then I used some more plates to push the light unit forward and into the grill space. Lock washers and Loctite seems to hold everything in place nicely.

I'm not too worried about the air flow as many others have done something similar, whether it be with a light bar or winch - and anyway, the upper and larger part of the grill / radiator is entirely unobstructed. The light shouldn't interfere in any way with the control box as it doesn't take up much space and is lower and forward, there's still 4 or so inches of clear space behind it.

Light output is, as Jeremy Clarkson put it - like a collapsed sun - I'll take some shots when I get the truck back.
Love the exterior look. Very unintrusive. Get some pics of the mounts and the plates. Also, where did you mount the switch on the interior?

Old 07-24-2015, 12:26 PM

based on his description it looks like he mounted the switch in the oem location below the
AC controls since theres two switch knockouts for oem roof lights and oem grill lights.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:32 PM

Looks great. I am in the process of fabbing brackets to mount a 22 inch in my grill.
Just curious if you disassembled the light bar and resealed it with silicon? My 50 inch leaked like an old boat and I lost a lot of LEDs and one board went out all together that was in a week. The life time warranty that was offered from the seller on e-bay was an offer of you pay shipping to and from and we will replace it. So a 100 but light bar would have run about 60 or so more. I ended up getting 40 bucks back and I had ordered a 22 inch that leaked as well. I swapped some boards and LEDs resealed the 50 inch and left it at that.

Highly recommend anybody buying these lights take about an hour break it down and reseal it. Makes me mad to spend a couple of bucks on something that looks like crap in so little time.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:18 AM

Has anyone tried a 30 inch curved LED bar in the grill section?

Old 08-10-2015, 07:34 PM

dukie, any chance youve been able to take pics yet? im really excited to see your results. thanks.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:43 PM

I have a 20" and I'm still looking for and planning on putting a pair of yellow cube lights down there too. The yellow lights are great for fog and dust .

Old 10-02-2015, 12:16 PM

dukie did you ever get a chance to take any pics of the light output since the light bar install?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:26 PM

Hello, Looks real good !!

Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 AM

your guys lightbar setups look niice! I didn't even consider that space, but now I am! What do you guys think about a 30" bar?...being that u setup a curved 28" do u see enough space for 30"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Light bar in grill