PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Leveling problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Default Leveling problem...

... i have a 23.25 measured in the front. The back is measuring around 24.4. I still have a noticeable sag, I want to level my ride but i have no more reasonable room to crank the bars.

Solutions?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Go another .25 up in the front and call it done.

Just because people on the forums throw around words like "leveling" and "crank the T Bars" does not literally mean what they say/said since the currently understood max is 23.5" fender lip to hub center for the front, and there is no cranking, just adjusting the T Bar Bolts to 23.5".

People used to proclaim the max was 24" up front, until everybody that did that tore the crap out of their front suspension parts... the learned consensus has now become 23.5".

Old 10-30-2014, 05:16 AM

X2 on what Doc said.

23-1/2" in the front is the MAX period, no matter how you got there.

I carry a toolbox in the back of my H3 and just that weight brings the back down enough so that I am "level" (or close enough).

Old 11-02-2014, 07:16 AM

i think i am trying to say that its already "cranked" and its still a very noticeable sag. when i look at some of you guys trucks, its actually levelled. i am thinking about getting the rough country 2.5 suspension lift. is that a cure?

suggestions?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by SYNERGY of Sparta
... i have a 23.25 measured in the front. The back is measuring around 24.4. I still have a noticeable sag, I want to level my ride but i have no more reasonable room to crank the bars.

Solutions?
i installed the front diff. spacers. It allows you to drop another inch and maintain the sames axle angle. all for 50 bucks

Old 11-02-2014, 01:52 PM
rsc

I thought someone had tried those and consensus was that they wore the driveline badly???

Old 11-02-2014, 03:13 PM

the rough country 2.5" lift keeps the rake stock. it uses torsion keys for the from and longer shackles on the rear. You have already cranked the t bars, and that is all you are gonna get from the front until you go to a bigger lift. I carry lots of tools in mine and it looks level, but my rear leaf springs are pretty much flat at this point.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
I thought someone had tried those and consensus was that they wore the driveline badly???
not at all , Several installed and said its flawless, There were many who said they wood nt work that had not even seen a set, There a thread on this, do a search, they put you back to near stock drive angles at 23.75

Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 PM

...so the rough country 2.5 suspension lift is just a torsion key and rear leafs? so its simply a leveling kit.. i was under the assumption it was something different. now what is this "front differential spacers"?? i will do a site search, i just want my h3 levelled and i want a daystar 1" lift in the future.. advise me guys.

*side note: the "softer" shocks are not the bilsteins?? but what brand/model are they??

Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

The Rough Country "lift kit" (bwaaahaaaaaa) cannot change the front max of 23.5"...... GM key or any other brand, still puts the max at 23.5".

Do not bother with front diff spacers,,,, H3s are not a GMT 355, bad idea...... it's all been done before.

Quick Reply: Leveling problem...