Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default Key Fob/DIC Problem

I have an intermittent problem with my Key Fob. At times it will either not allow me to lock or unlock the H3.

For a while I was able to go into the DIC and reset the lock/unlock feature by pressing both bottoms on the key fob at the same time and access the DIC. Now I can’t even get into the DIC!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2006, 09:05 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location:
Posts: 7,582
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheJimer

I have an intermittent problem with my Key Fob. At times it will either not allow me to lock or unlock the H3.

For a while I was able to go into the DIC and reset the lock/unlock feature by pressing both bottoms on the key fob at the same time and access the DIC. Now I can’t even get into the DIC!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim
I hate that when that happens[:@]

Seriously..I've not heard of that problem yet...Try changing the Batteries in the FOB.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

Have you tried the other Key fob?

Instrustion for the Remote Deyless entry feedback DIC codes check out the owners manual 3-43 and 3-44.

Great section to personlize you H3.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem


Quote:
ORIGINAL: LostOne

Have you tried the other Key fob?

Instrustion for the Remote Deyless entry feedback DIC codes check out the owners manual 3-43 and 3-44.

Great section to personlize you H3.
Yes I followed the instructions stated in 3-43 &3-44. I also replaced the battery, still no luck!

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2006, 11:27 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

You might have to go to the dealership and have them reprogram your keyfob or even get a new one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location:
Posts: 181
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

Insert the key in the ignition and press and hold the door lock button on the driver’s door... When Lock 1 comes up on the dash adjust it to something else like Lock 3... To cycle thru each just press and hold the trip reset until it moves to the next... Once you arrive at 3, press it and release it quickly... See if that helps... Mine was screwing up recently and that stopped it...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rayvyn

Insert the key in the ignition and press and hold the door lock button on the driver’s door... When Lock 1 comes up on the dash adjust it to something else like Lock 3... To cycle thru each just press and hold the trip reset until it moves to the next... Once you arrive at 3, press it and release it quickly... See if that helps... Mine was screwing up recently and that stopped it...
Rayvyn,

The first time this happened that is exactly what I did and it worked.

Now I can't even get the DIC to "come-up"!

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location:
Posts: 7,582
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheJimer


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rayvyn

Insert the key in the ignition and press and hold the door lock button on the driver’s door... When Lock 1 comes up on the dash adjust it to something else like Lock 3... To cycle thru each just press and hold the trip reset until it moves to the next... Once you arrive at 3, press it and release it quickly... See if that helps... Mine was screwing up recently and that stopped it...
Rayvyn,

The first time this happened that is exactly what I did and it worked.

Now I can't even get the DIC to "come-up"!

Jim
Well the only thing left to do then, is to let the dealer's service sort it out...Sounds like a program software corrution to me and it's getting worse..Maybe even a hardware issue too (CPU)..But it is a warranty issue no doubt...

Good luck, let us know what it ends up being.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location:
Posts: 181
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

I agree with Dennis... You are out of other options...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2007, 01:39 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 19
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

I am having the same issue with my 07, H3. Just got back from the dealer today and they took a look at it. Told me everything was just fine and that the tech just reprogramed it. Than they showed me some crap about interference and they thought my amateur radio equipment was interfering with it. I told them it did not and that it had problems even before I installed my radio.

At the dealership the keyfob worked fine.BUT after i drove off and tried locking it again at another parking lot, the vehicle would not respond at all. BOTH KEYFOBS! I had to manually lock it. When I returned two hours later it opened with the keyfob. I don't understand.
__________________
Phil

07' Blk H3; Auto,Adv Pkg,Chrome Accents & Wheels, Tubular Steps,Rubber Mats,Homelink,Sunroof,trailer hitch,LED Emergency Lights,two way radio.

2005 TL Nighthawk Black Pearl, Auto, Navi, Leather, Wing Spoiler, Full Underbody Kit, Escort 850
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:39 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2006, code, codes, dic, fob, fobs, h2, h3, hummer, issues, key, lock, problems, programming, unlock


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
Hummer Off-Road
Bumper Winches at CARiD
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Internet Brands, Inc.



SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.