PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just hit 100k miles

Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Thumbs up Just hit 100k miles

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in ages, but I do check in every now and then. I just wanted to post that my 2006 H3 hit 100,000 miles this weekend! The truck is running great. I haven't had any serious issues since the engine rebuild back at the beginning.

I keep thinking I'll add some performance mods, but have never gotten around to it. Maybe I should celebrate the 100k milestone with a reprogrammed PCM or a CAI... :-)

-Alan

Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM

What issues or work have you had to do to the Hummer over the 100k miles? When'd you replace the brakes? Did you service the front or rear diffs? Tranny service at what point?

Old 02-28-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ShirtaDay.com
What issues or work have you had to do to the Hummer over the 100k miles? When'd you replace the brakes? Did you service the front or rear diffs? Tranny service at what point?
having a look in your manual will answer every single of those questions and more.

dude post some pics of the 100k hummer. interior prefered

Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by panamera
having a look in your manual will answer every single of those questions and more.

dude post some pics of the 100k hummer. interior prefered
Yes, I am aware that the manual contains information - those are suggested intervals for regular maintenance, which I typically follow. However, I want to know if anything broke, and I want to know when he performed that maintenance. The manual will NOT answer those questions. There's a guy on one of these forums that said he went 100k miles and still hasn't replaced his brakes. The manual also won't tell you when you're going to have a head issue, or a tie rod break, etc. Or whether or not this particular individual actually followed the suggested maintenance schedules.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Congrats on hitting the 100k mark. I think my wife has just under 50k on her 07. Just regular oil changes so far. I am going to flush the radiator when the weather warms up. In my mind it is time whether or not the stuff says it can go longer.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 AM

I had the bad cylinder head problem early on, after I owned my H3 for just a few months. Since then I had only one major issue -- the front left ball joint wore and started making grinding noise several times. My dealer finally discovered a burr on the shaft that caused the rubber housing to rip and allow dirt in. Since he fixed that it's been solid.

Several years ago I stopped going to my original Hummer dealer (which was about 45 minutes away) and started getting all my service done at a local Chevy/Buick dealer (5 minutes away). he's treated me right, although his waiting room isn't as nice :-)

Let me check my records for when I had the brakes, etc done.

-Alan

Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 AM

... When'd you replace the brakes? Did you service the front or rear diffs? Tranny service at what point?
I had the front brakes done at about 55k miles. I had the rear brakes done at about 90k, plus they looked at the front rotors again then as well.

I had all the fluids refreshed or changed according to the service intervals. I never had an issue with the diffs or tranny, so they've only had the regular checkups.

-Alan

Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Default 110k

I too have hit the 100K+ mark. I currently have 110,000 miles on my Shadow Green '06 H3. I absolutely love my truck. Several times I have thought about what mods I want to do, performance or otherwise. I would love a dual exhaust system, but can't justify the cost until the factory exhaust wears out...I would love to put 35's on it, but just replaced my originial 33's at 97K miles. My brakes wore out at about 60K, I replaced all four corners though the rear brakes were probably fine. I am feeling the shake in the fronts again now. I just had an alignment done with the new tires. I did the plugs/wires at 105K just to do it...I'm waiting on any fluid exchanges until the fluid shows me it needs it. Honestly I have not had much trouble with the truck...I had the head gasket replaced due to a faulty material used...apparently it was a known issue but I was one of the first to require replacement. I was driving about 6 hours straight at 80mph and it blew out...later H3's had the new material spec in production. Driver side taillight bulb burned out at 95K. The coating on my radio 'Seek' button has worn off...second time..first radio was replaced just inside of my warranty coverage. Oh, one thing that's odd is my U-Joints on my driveshaft have worn out twice now..first time at 50K, again at 100K. It's not expensive to replace them, but is anyone else having this happen? It might be my driving too...not stopping fully from reverse to drive, etc.

I know this is long, but one more tidbit. I did the launch on this vehicle for GM...worked on the prototypes all the way through to getting the trucks into the dealerships. I am extremely happy that this vehicle was one of my first projects, and I'm glad all of you are loving them just as I always have.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Default radio buttons

I had the finish come off my radio buttons early on also -- probably within the first 20k. They replaced the radio under warranty and everything was fine until recently. I have some finish coming off the band button.

All in all I can't complain.

-Alan