Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Default Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!

After several days of planning, measuring, making templates for aluminum mounting plates, plumbing, and wiring, I FINALLY finished installing my air horns. No more 'sick cow' under the hood. This thing sounds like a Freightliner coming up on you! Here's the web address for the Wolo Challenger kit. It includes everything you'll need...air tank compressor, hose, wiring, solenoid valve, and, as an extra bonus, a 20ft. inflater hose, so you can fill tires from the on-board compressor. Wolo model: Challenger 810 EV.
http://www.wolo-mfg.com/truck.htm

Attached Thumbnails Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00531.jpg   Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00530.jpg   Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00534.jpg   Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00535.jpg   Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00536.jpg  

Old 07-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Location: Fort Carson, Colorado. Home of the 4th Infantry Division.

nice setup. me personally I am going to be going with this badboy...

http://www.hornblasters.com/products...train-horn-kit

Old 07-17-2010, 12:36 PM

Forgot to mention.....don't let the $500 price tag scare you....that's mfg. list.
I got the kit on Amazon for $174 delivered!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Greggk
nice setup. me personally I am going to be going with this badboy...

http://www.hornblasters.com/products...train-horn-kit

Looks good, but, you may have a problem 'packaging' it. I worked with all the dimensions provided by Wolo, and started measuring. I even found a coffee can that approximated the air tank size, and used it to check for fit.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Can you post a recording? The studio sounds of the Wolo site aren't getting me...

Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by hearseman
Can you post a recording? The studio sounds of the Wolo site aren't getting me...
I'm not sure how to post sounds, but the website gives you the actual tone. Everybody has different speakers/amplifiers on their computer, so there's really no way to duplicate what it sounds like live. Let's just say, when I was all finished, and finally pushed the button, I was quite amazed! Naturally, the wife started getting on me about the neighbor kid taking his nap

Old 07-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

Recovery21 has train horns. That truck is nasty.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
Recovery21 has train horns. That truck is nasty.
Those are illegal in a lot of states. Besides, the train horns need a pretty big air tank, and the horn setup is usually 4 trumpets vs 2. Not a whole lotta room in an Alpha engine compartment.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Banned

Well ya thats true.. but those train horns are nassssty! And they engage with the alaram after a few mins too.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:54 AM

It would take some extra planning but I am sure you could mount each horn in different spots given enough hose and pressure in the lines. I might go with the clown car style 2 horns just because its a little easier to do, alot cheaper and just sounds funny. I used to love turning heads in my pathfinder with it because it wasn't that it was loud it was just weird and was great.

Quick Reply: Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!