PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is HummerPartsClub safe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Default Is HummerPartsClub safe?

I was looking for a cover for the rear tire carrier & I found one through their site. I can't find it anywhere else, even through Gobi.

Gobi Hummer H3 Tire Carrier Eliminator / Rear Door Vent Cover ** Free Shipping**: Hummer Parts Club

Is this place safe to buy from?
I've seen other posts, but I'm honestly not sure.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Default Hummer parts club

It's been awhile since I've purchased from hummer parts club, but I made 3 separate purchases totalling over $1k. He even added a discount, I was active duty back then. Dave was the name of the person I spoke to.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:29 AM

I bought a lot of stuff from them. I can say they're honest and ship fast too.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

I can't figure why anybody would want to drive around with no spare tire???? or why they would want to close off the rear purge vent????

HPC is fine.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I can't figure why anybody would want to drive around with no spare tire???? or why they would want to close off the rear purge vent????

HPC is fine.
The H3 isn't mine, but my mother's. It's a DD & she's not able to change a flat on her own, plus she doesn't even have a matching spare for it, not that she could even unmount it. I can always install a rack w/ tire carrier in the future.

From what I've read about the purge vent, it doesn't effect airflow if you seal it off according to at least one thread I've read on the topic.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:24 PM

I've bought some high dollar parts from them as well, Dave is always awesome to work with. I always highly recommend them!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:42 AM

Buy your Mom a AAA plus membership and they will come to wherever she is and swap the spare for her. They will not swap the spare off the roof.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:19 AM

According to the link, that cover plate is "...designed to cover the rear door vent yet still provide plenty of air flow". Wonder how? It looks completely closed, although I guess it may still be slightly open at the bottom.

The purge vent is there for a reason, and pretty much ALL vehicles have them (it's actually a legal requirement to provide fresh air circulation). Most are hidden down in a rear corner behind the bumper or taillight. While eliminating it may not be "noticeable", it does affect the airflow in the vehicle, restricting it significantly when the HVAC system is set to Fresh rather than Recirculate. If you are bringing in fresh outside air, the existing air inside has to be able to go somewhere.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 10-15-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Default my 2 cents

i want a spare but in 6 years 2 h3, total 90000 miles, never had a flat!
no rotation,60000, will buy 4 next year.
i use the vent to exit an antenna wire for ham radio ant, handy but if its blocked open,bugs can get in, hate mosquitos!

Old 10-09-2015, 07:30 PM

I had to change change my shocks out today (I'll update another thread on that topic) & found a nail in the front, right tire. Ironically, it's not leaking. I was hoping to hold out on getting tires, but I'll be getting some asap.

On the topic of hummer parts club, I ended up ordering the back panel & the rear shocks w/ the res. They were out of stock on the shocks, so they refunded me. Very good company with great communication. I'll be ordering from them again in the future.

Quick Reply: Is HummerPartsClub safe?