PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H3 Potential Chronic Problem Vehicles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Question Hummer H3 Potential Chronic Problem Vehicles?

The reason I'm asking is after a simple google search key word: *H3 Problems*, loads of information and criticisms surfaced and GM has an attitude like "We Don't Care".

Just sayin'

Attached Thumbnails Hummer H3 Potential Chronic Problem Vehicles?-lemon_1.jpg   Hummer H3 Potential Chronic Problem Vehicles?-lemon_2.jpg  
Old 01-15-2015, 05:39 AM

Search ANY other make and model with "problems" typed next to it. See what you get.

Sell the H3?

Old 01-15-2015, 06:49 AM

I was a little worried about my recent purchase because of everything I have hear/read. I would say 80% of the threads/post on thE H3 side of the forum is people with problems asking questions about their H3. Honestly I was wanting an FJ Cruiser but I found an 07H3 lux/adventure pkg with only 44k miles for almost 10k cheaper for the avg. going rate around here for an FJ. So I decided I would trade off reliability/warranty/newness for 10k cheaper with heated leather/sunroof/etc.
So far no complaints.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:12 AM

I own a 2006 H3, arguably the most problematic of all the 3's released. I have owned it since 2009, and have avoided most of the common problems by doing preventative maintenance. In my opinion, if you prevent your Moonroof from leaking, upgrade your battery terminals, and monitor fluids, you'll avoid most of the issues.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by norinco3264
I own a 2006 H3, arguably the most problematic of all the 3's released. I have owned it since 2009, and have avoided most of the common problems by doing preventative maintenance. In my opinion, if you prevent your Moonroof from leaking, upgrade your battery terminals, and monitor fluids, you'll avoid most of the issues.
I'm lost for words... Issue after issue!! 2 years ago it was the plastic fork shifter replacement in the transfer case = $1,000 to the dealer. A year ago I had the dreaded head gasket and cylinder head replacement = $2,800 to the dealership. Today I need some help from you Hummer experts on what I'm dealing with. Driving down the interstate in normal 4Hi going about 60mph my rpm's reved and it was like I put my car in Nuetral. Coasted to the shoulder and no gear would work not even reverse. Heard gear grinding when shifting to Park. Put 4Hi Lock on and drove perfect. Tranny shifting smooth etc. Made it back to the house and switched it back to Normal 4Hi. No engagement or drive ability. I put parking brake on, put shifter in Drive, then got underneath my car and heard a grinding noise in my front differential. Also noticed some differential fluid on right axle. Front differential had fluid when I checked it. Do I have a busted front differential or am I looking at a transfer case repair??? Like I said, grinding noise in front differential when in Drive or reverse in 4Hi normal. Please help!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:21 PM

Why are there two threads with the same question? Pick one and stick to it please. Search is your friend.

Chris

Old 01-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by H3Ray
The reason I'm asking is after a simple google search key word: *H3 Problems*, loads of information and criticisms surfaced and GM has an attitude like "We Don't Care".

Just sayin'
That is because people do not post stuff on the internet to provide positive feedback about things that they are happy with.

In other words, people are quick to whine about all kinds of piddly things and never take the time to be complementary about anything.

My early 07 H3 has been the most problem free new vehicle I have ever owned, zero issues. I know some folks that have had the same experience with the H3 as well, but it is pretty obvious that not everybody has enjoyed the same results.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mgarman
I'm lost for words... Issue after issue!! 2 years ago it was the plastic fork shifter replacement in the transfer case = $1,000 to the dealer. A year ago I had the dreaded head gasket and cylinder head replacement = $2,800 to the dealership. Today I need some help from you Hummer experts on what I'm dealing with. Driving down the interstate in normal 4Hi going about 60mph my rpm's reved and it was like I put my car in Nuetral. Coasted to the shoulder and no gear would work not even reverse. Heard gear grinding when shifting to Park. Put 4Hi Lock on and drove perfect. Tranny shifting smooth etc. Made it back to the house and switched it back to Normal 4Hi. No engagement or drive ability. I put parking brake on, put shifter in Drive, then got underneath my car and heard a grinding noise in my front differential. Also noticed some differential fluid on right axle. Front differential had fluid when I checked it. Do I have a busted front differential or am I looking at a transfer case repair??? Like I said, grinding noise in front differential when in Drive or reverse in 4Hi normal. Please help!
You are NOT alone!

We should start a new Forum: HummerLemons.com

Old 01-16-2015, 08:55 AM

Yeah Ray, sounds like you got a lemon.

Sell that POS and get you a Subaru (Suby owners are all happy people according to the comercials).

Also, they have a ****load of online message boards and forums to help you expand your vehicle knowledge and broaden your horizons.

Maybe it is time to move on to something that will make you happy.

Just Sayin'.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gunner_45
Yeah Ray, sounds like you got a lemon.

Sell that POS and get you a Subaru (Suby owners are all happy people according to the comercials).

Also, they have a ****load of online message boards and forums to help you expand your vehicle knowledge and broaden your horizons.

Maybe it is time to move on to something that will make you happy.

Just Sayin'.
Yo Gunner, been a while, nice!

I like Lemon Chicken.

Just sayin'

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 Potential Chronic Problem Vehicles?