PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would I get little tiny circlular scratches out of my black paint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Default How would I get little tiny circlular scratches out of my black paint?

It was polished...now I see little tiny scratches in a circular manner everywhere..

Am I F&*^$D?

Old 11-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Default RE: How would I get little tiny circlular scratches out of my black paint?

In addtion I have some minor scratches from the trail on the sides of my H3, what's the proper way to get them out/hide 'em? I've been using Turlte Wax Ice Polish.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Default RE: How would I get little tiny circlular scratches out of my black paint?

Have a black corvette that had this problem. We find that Pinnacle products are great (a little pricey)..Also specifically for that swirl mark prob..3M "PERFECT-IT Swirl Mark Remover" (#39012) did the trick pretty well. Scrapes and scratches...polishing compound used SPARINGLY.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:35 PM

I have used this for just that reason...with excellent, brilliant results.[sm=trust_me.gif] If it don't remove the fine swirls..I'll pay for it myself for you.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 PM

PERFECT - thanks all - I will let you know how I make out

Old 11-28-2006, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I have used this for just that reason...with excellent, brilliant results.[sm=trust_me.gif] If it don't remove the fine swirls..I'll pay for it myself for you.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/wax.jpg
you might want to reconsider that statement Dennis... a wax may do an ok job of hiding the swirl marks, but it certainly won't remove them. You need to use a polish to remove swirls

I use products from Griot's Garage, but here is a lil info for about what I was talking about http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-polishing.html

Old 11-28-2006, 02:14 PM

I forgot to add.."with little or no effort"..that's the difference in my book.[sm=smiley2.gif]

But before you shoot a hole in the bottom of my dingy...This stuff may not actually remove scratches but it does such a great permanent job of hiding them..it's as good as removing them..I have a Deep green jaguar and it had some cat scratches and swirls from using terry cloth towels and I put this NXT on over a year ago and the finish is just a deep and clear as if I did it yesterday.

BTW..Invest in a bundle of Micro-fiber cloth towels and rags..the only way to go.