Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

How to turn off the GM Passlock anti-theft system on a Hummer H3?

Old 07-20-2014, 08:55 AM

I would replaced ignition switch and associated parts.
Chris

Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Default Follow up to new Rockies pro 5 install

Here's a follow up to my earlier post on the New Rockies pro5 module. It's been in almost a week, and I took the h3 on a 200 mile trip, one way, into the Colorado Rockies. Recall from my earlier post, 7/19, that at the end of two previous trips, the h3 wouldn't crank, no sound, no chatter, no anything. I failed to also mention that the pass lock light, padlock through car symbol, came on during the previous two trips. I thought that perhaps a door was ajar, and didn't pay much attention.

Anyway, with the New Rockies pro5 module installed, there were no problems, and I tried plenty of starts during my trip. Also, at the end of my 200 mile drive home, the h3 started ok. I purchased the made in the USA pro 5, versus the made in china version. The USA model cost about $70 more, but it works, and I'm happy. It is nice to have my hummer back.

Mark in Colorado

Old 07-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Default Agree ignition switch is the problem

The ignition switch sends an electrical signal to the body control module, the anti theft module, and, ultimately, to the power train control module, or the ECM. As I understand it, the Hall effect transistor in the ignition switch begins to electrically drift over time, say after about 7 years, and eventually it gets out of tolerance. When the out of tolerance signal reaches the afore mentioned modules, they reject it, and a no start, fuel injectors and or starter, results. If I had any confidence in gm ignition switches, I would have replaced the ignition switch, as suggested. There was a recent cnbc special on the gm ignition switch problem, and watching that special motivated me to try the New Rockies pro5, instead. Time will tell. My 86 corvette had a similar no crank and no start about ten years ago, and the vats was at fault. I had to get a vats disable switch from Mid America for that case, and all has been fine since.

Mark in Colorado

Old 11-18-2018, 04:48 PM
Default The best thing is keep driver door open until after you have started vehicle ...will

[
driver door open until after you have started vehicle ...will
QUOTE=soloren;283346]Almost everyday the security light flashes and the engine on my H3 starts and dies, after I wait ten minutes the engine starts. Thus, I would like to turn of this security system. Is this possible?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Default Disabling anti-theft

I took it to a tunner to disable the VATS. I no longer have to wait 10min to turn on the car. Just make sure the have HP tunner.

Old 02-02-2023, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ssst
I took it to a tunner to disable the VATS. I no longer have to wait 10min to turn on the car. Just make sure the have HP tunner.
Spectacular how you just dug up a FOUR YEAR OLD+ Thread for your important contribution. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'