Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Default How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner

Just finished installing LED parking light assemblies, and front marker LED's. This was easier then removing the wheel well liners, and can be used if you're just replacing bulbs, or switching to LED housings. I decided to go with the LED parking lamp assemblies, and at the same time change the front side markers to LED's, to (hopefully), never have to mess with the PITA bulbs again. I didn't want to take the time to make a full blown PowerPoint presentation, so I took pics along the way, and I'll try to give instructions referring to pic #1, pic #2, etc. Start by removing the grill (I'm assuming by now everyone knows how to do that). The grill has to come off even if you go the route of pulling the wheel well liner, so this isn't an additional step. I'm working with the driver's side assembly, passenger side would be the same process. You can see in pic#1 (3) screws in between the headlamp and parking lamp, a 10mm & 7mm on top, and a 10mm on the bottom, (socket size). Remove these, and rotate the top bracket, pic#2, up and out of the way. There is a 3rd 10mm screw up and under the headlight. I couldn't get a pic of it, but look in the area shown in pic #3, and you'll feel it. Remove this. In the upper left corner of the parking lamp is a plastic tab, pic #4. Stick your finger in there, depress it sideways, and shift the assembly to the right and forward. Shifting to the right will disengage another tab that is to the left of the headlight. When you pull the assembly forward, you'll have to slightly flex the plastic body panel above the parking lamp so it will 'clear', and come out. Pic #5 is what it will look like when removed. Pic #6 shows the back of the parking lamp assembly where you can either remove/replace the bulb, or remove the (3) screws shown, and take out the whole assembly if you're switching to LED's. At the same time you can access the side marker bulb to switch to a LED. Pic #7 shows where I mounted the LED ballast with double back tape. Reverse the process to reassemble. Pic's #8 & #9 show my new LED's. Wasn't bad at all, and there's really no stumbling blocks through the whole process. Pretty much straight forward. Pic's # 6 - #9 continued in next post.

Attached Thumbnails How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00688.jpg   How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00692.jpg   How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00689.jpg   How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00694.jpg   How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00695.jpg  

Last edited by Broken Halo; 08-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:54 AM

Rest of the pic's.

Attached Thumbnails How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00696.jpg   How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00697.jpg   How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00699.jpg   How to replace parking light and front marker light WITHOUT pulling wheel well liner-dsc00700.jpg  
Old 08-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Banned

appreciate the good info. being an electronics man,i love the concept of leds,long life,but i actually wish they made em look same as old,i dont like the looks of all those elements. too busy.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the write up and pix, Halo!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 PM

WHoooo hooooo just the thread I was looking for! Mine came in today,will post pics when I get um in. Cant thank you enough for the thread and the pictures. Nothing like breaking stuff while climbing the "learning curve!" This forum rocks!!!!

Old 11-10-2018, 03:33 AM
Default Marker ligths flasching

Hello
I have a h3 and I'm from France and I want to know how to make the side marker lights flashing and night light, are there any special cables for this, as in the USA it's original can you me give the reference and a site to buy this piece.

thank you

Old 11-13-2018, 08:18 AM

Bonjour claude67
I looked into this awhile back and in the US model H3 those front side markers light up only when the headlights come on and do not flash. I too wanted my side marker flash and I did, but they would not stay lit when the headlights were on. I could not see a way of putting dual filament bulb in the side marker, it is just too small for that. I gave up and left it stock. Sorry this does not help your situation

And sorry Doc for me replying to an old post

Last edited by wfturner; 11-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.