PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

how to remove h3 driver door panel

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Question how to remove h3 driver door panel

new to the forum, have an 09 H3 that sounds like a spring or wire twanging in the door right near the door handle when i hit bumps. passenger side does it too! don't wanna bust any clips exploring and therefore adding more annoying noises to the door panel any help gentlmen?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:17 PM

There should be three torx screws hiden under a flap on the interior door handle. Other than that, the door panel has white Plastic pulls that hold the panel to the door frame. Start at the bottom and work your way up by poping the plastic loose. The top section wraps around the frame and is held in place near the widow. It will need to be lifted up and out of the track to gaim access. Be carefull if your windows are tinted, you don't want to damage the aftermarket window film.

Let us know what you find out about the rattling noise.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Default h3 door panel

thanks for they quick reply! yeah i got that far, had all the bolts out and got a little nervous about just pulling at the door panel. do you know how the door handle comes out? is there enough room once the panel is free to undo the linkage? just don't wanna bend anything. thanks again!!

Old 08-22-2009, 09:20 PM

The door handle is mounted to the panel, not the frame. Two isulated cables drive the door assembly, one pulls at the door lock mechanism and the other pulls the release. The door is well insulated so I'm stumped as to what may be causing the rattle. Even the speaker mounts are plastic. It could be the cables, but mine have a rubber wrap half way up them to stop that sort of thing.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Default h3 door panels

had them both off twice, the clips that attach to the door panel that clip into the door itself and hold the panel to the door are loose in the panel they jiggle around a little, but are still locked in place on the door panel. i popped them all off and wrapped electrical tape round them and snapped them all back in place on the door panel. but this time they diddn't jiggle on the panel anymore.....noise gone!!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Default UPDATE !! rattle noise in doors

well i thought it was gone but it wasn't but i did actually find it...if you take the door panel off and look through the door with the window up you can see the 4 mounting bolts for the mirror but one bolt is not accessable through the factory holes in the door...its sits behind the glass of the window, only one! that bolt was tight but not all the way...the washer rattled! you have to get a 10mm wrench and squeeze your hand behind the glass and tighten it by hand until the waher doesnt move anymore. funny thing is the passenger side makes the same noise so i have to do that side also. but the drivers side is quiet now!! hope this helps anyone that has the same dilema and can't narrow it down. fricken GM factory workers!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 PM

Thats good to know, but would suck to deal with!
Thanks for letting us know what you found.