PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How many active members in H3 section?

Old 02-07-2015, 06:27 PM

I agree that there is not a lot of activity on this site, but there is a lot of good archived information for problem solving if you know how to search for it. What I find particularly interesting is that the H3 was produced a LOT more recently than my '02 Ducati 748R, yet the Superbike (the sportbike segment of Ducati's lineup) segment of that forum, which is made up primarily of owners of the 916 series, the same series of which my 748 belongs to, has 639 users online right now as I type this. I can't explain that disparity in active membership...

Old 02-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Social media pages have diluted ALL of the Hummer forums. There's at least 10 on Facebook alone. They are all active but they are full of people who don't know a damn thing about Hummers other than they have one.
Post a question on any of those pages and about 10 people will tell you to go to a dealer. A couple of others will give you an answer which is total BS and others will swear that they know what the problem is but their answers are totally wrong.
You want to see drama, misinformation and outright crap, go on social media.

This forum is a general Hummer forum catering to all types of Hummer owners. Some are into wheeling, some won't drive thru a puddle.
The wheelers head to the offroad Hummer forums for technical discussions and although there are still here, mostly they remain silent in the background.
I post a fair amount on here but it's nowhere near as much as I post on my offroad forum.

Last edited by Bunger; 02-07-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ProphetPVD
.... I can't explain that disparity in active membership...
It's probably because there aren't a dozen Ducati 748R Superbike forums to water down the membership.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:55 PM

Just think about the days before the internet lol if some of ya can remember back that far.the only way to find things out was to go to mechanic shop and pay or jus dig in and find yourself in over your head an then have to go to the mechanic shop an pay.Oh then there was the ol chiltions manuels .no autozones I think napa was the first I could remember. As far as these forums I am greatfull for the usefull info for free and the choice to communicate with different people from all around the world all connected by hummers

Old 02-07-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
Social media pages have diluted ALL of the Hummer forums. There's at least 10 on Facebook alone. They are all active but they are full of people who don't know a damn thing about Hummers other than they have one.
Post a question on any of those pages and about 10 people will tell you to go to a dealer. A couple of others will give you an answer which is total BS and others will swear that they know what the problem is but their answers are totally wrong.
You want to see drama, misinformation and outright crap, go on social media.

This forum is a general Hummer forum catering to all types of Hummer owners. Some are into wheeling, some won't drive thru a puddle.
The wheelers head to the offroad Hummer forums for technical discussions and although there are still here, mostly they remain silent in the background.
I post a fair amount on here but it's nowhere near as much as I post on my offroad forum.
Amen brother hunger! Exactly what I wanted to post.

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-08-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:36 AM

It has been helpful to me on a few occasions. I am thankful. You-tube has also been very helpful when you need it NOW.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Default when I first got my H3 I used this

I agree about some members bullying new members asking questions that was asked hundred times. When you get a new car your excited and go to a forum to ask questions and not to bully!!
please lets just all help each other out with the info we have about this vehicle and not pick on the ones that don't know the answers

Old 02-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Thumbs down

So, asking someone to use the SEARCH tab is bullying?
So, telling someone to check the FAQ section is bullying?
So, letting someone know that necro bumping is not allowed is bullying?
Should all kids get to participate and get a trophy in too even if they suck?

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-10-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:33 PM
rsc

You can't talk to me like that!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 AM

I like this forum - useful information and folks who are knowledgeable when it comes to H3s. I check it once a week or so. Glad there are still some die hard H3 lovers around! It may be slowing down but I think that everyone is right it is mainly because H3s haven't been made in 5 years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many active members in H3 section?