PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hoping to buy an H3 soon.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by webwzrd
What are those two spaces just to the left of the power outlets on the dash for?
Found it, they're for Off-Road Lamps Buttons.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:18 AM

Where about ' s is the place you live again?
I'd think a rav4 or the likes would work just swell. Hahaha!
Chris

Old 10-12-2014, 08:32 AM

Still looking hard everyday!

Quick question about the 3.7 power. I test drove one, but never got it above probably 50 mph. I floored it a couple times and it seemed perfectly fine. I currently drive an '02 Explorer with the 4.6 239 hp and 282 lb-ft of torque and it's plenty strong and fast for me.

So the question is does the extra 400 lbs and 40 less torque make a huge difference or will the 3.7 be reasonably close to my Ford in performance?

Old 10-12-2014, 02:19 PM

It really is a personal preference thing. I am perfectly happy with my 3.7 others swear that anything less than the V8 is too anemic. For what you describe I think you'd be happy with the 3.7 but the only way to know for sure is to drive both.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:13 PM

I'm thinking the 3.7 will be fine and an '07 will fit my budget better. It's just that read some posts about highway passing being challenging. Got a lot of country road slow pokes around here.

At 55 will it jump up to 70 in a hurry for a quick pass?

Old 10-12-2014, 05:53 PM

depends on your definition of "in a hurry".

I've got the 2006 with the 3.5, and I've never wished for more power (or worse MPG's). I drive my truck a lot more than 8k miles a year, so the fuel economy of the I5 makes more sense for me. However, if you really only drive about 8k a year, perhaps the MPG's of the v8 wouldnt be such a concern. Admittedly, the H3 is a pretty heavy truck for a 5 cyl engine to be pushing around, dont expect to win any races on the freeway.

Another note: The dealer I bought mine from had it listed as a base model, when its actually an adventure, so I got a bit of a better deal than I probably should have. The dummy told me the button for the rear diff lock "disconnected the rear axle, turning it into a FWD vehicle for better gas mileage" I didnt bother correcting him...Just a heads up that the dealers dont always know the difference between one package and another.

All in all, the H3 is my favorite vehicle Ive ever owned. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for one. Good luck with your hunt.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by CurtisP87
Another note: The dealer I bought mine from had it listed as a base model, when its actually an adventure...
Is that ever true. I am seeing trim packages mis-identified by dealers all the time!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:55 PM

Quick question about the paint job on one that just became available about 80 miles from me. I'm guessing these graphics are not factory done - right? Is it likely to be painted on or a decal kit? Just wondering how easy to remove, not that it's horrible.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:20 PM

Factory graphics on the H3? lol

Research that, and take a closer look at thos bald tires.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:59 PM

Went to look at the one pictured above on Saturday. Despite the ugly graphics that would have to go, it was in pretty decent shape with only 72k, good tires and all.

However I was able to test drive it on a busy inner city freeway and got to see first hand what some have said about the I5. While the I5 is more than adequate on a side street, it was horribly slow on a busy freeway when trying the change into a fast moving lane. Punched it at speed and there was nothing there - very loud too.

Alpha time!

Quick Reply: Hoping to buy an H3 soon.