Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hood louver replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 08:41 PM

My plastic hood louver had the adhesive compound applied, but the POS still rattles and shakes while doing 65 down the highway. Maybe the bolted hood handles are the best route?

Old 07-30-2019, 02:12 PM
Default Hood louver clips

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Yes, clean the adhesive off for new stuff to stick, unless you just hope the new adhesive will adhere to the old?

Most of those aftermarket chrome kits are lay overs, they just stick over the top of the stock louver.... junk IMHO.

Hood handles can be added independently, some guys have through bolted those (through the hood), and the handles then hold the entire louver in place. They all use the same mounting holes with various versions of the clips.
Are these the replacement clips for the hood louver

Old 07-30-2019, 02:45 PM

They came stock with just the clips; the GM recall "fix" added the glue. But since dealer's did the "fix" (rather than the "factory"), it looks like some were not done as well as others. There are reports of people TRYING to get them off and it being impossible without breaking, others have been removed easily, and still others have fallen off (even after the "fix") while driving or in car washes. Mine came loose at a front corner going through a car wash, but stayed on. I lifted up the front corners and added silicone, and have had no further issues.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:01 AM
Cool

My original "flew off " years ago when exiting a car wash due to the air from the jet dryers. I bought a new one on ebay that came with the clips. I was going to remove all the tar adhesive but I realized it was a good support bed for the new louver so I just applier clear adhesive on top of the old stuff and pushed the new louver in place. Haven't had a problem since.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Geri
Are these the replacement clips for the hood louver
NO.... they are NOT. That is a grill clip, takes 4.

Please also avoid digging up OLD Threads.