PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help identifying part

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:48 AM

Yeah, just use a flat head screwdriver to pry the old ones out. They are held in place by a few barbs in the cup shaped metal holder.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:13 PM

So I called the dealer today and they said they have these in stock at $20 each. Went to pick it up and looks different to me then what I have or I am going crazy. The shape more or less looks the same but from what I can remember and what I see in the picture that bottom part (mushroom head looking) is made of metal, I also thought the rest is metal. What he brought is some yellow/tan silicone or rubbery pieces. I did not think this was right so I didn't buy it. Did you guys experience something similar?

Old 05-18-2015, 09:22 PM

They are definitely a yellow, synthetic material.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Raffi76
So I called the dealer today and they said they have these in stock at $20 each. Went to pick it up and looks different to me then what I have or I am going crazy. The shape more or less looks the same but from what I can remember and what I see in the picture that bottom part (mushroom head looking) is made of metal, I also thought the rest is metal. What he brought is some yellow/tan silicone or rubbery pieces. I did not think this was right so I didn't buy it. Did you guys experience something similar?
If ever I need someone to take a super simple Bump Stop (rubber progressive dampening suspension part) and transform it into an overly detailed wild goose chase/treasure hunt, I know who to call.

Pic of the OEM bump stop.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
If ever I need someone to take a super simple Bump Stop (rubber progressive dampening suspension part) and transform it into an overly detailed wild goose chase/treasure hunt, I know who to call.

hehe I guess mine are so mangled and discolored I didn't recognize it.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 PM

Doc, is this picture taken with truck up on a lift? When I looked at the stops on mine while the car is standing on my driveway they are touching the metal bar below ( frame, axle or whatever that part is). Is this normal or is there possibly more trouble with the shocks? When I had the truck lifted they were way up above it.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Raffi76
Doc, is this picture taken with truck up on a lift? When I looked at the stops on mine while the car is standing on my driveway they are touching the metal bar below ( frame, axle or whatever that part is). Is this normal or is there possibly more trouble with the shocks? When I had the truck lifted they were way up above it.
The pic is on a jack with the weight off the suspension. The bump stop is a "progressive dampener" to the movement of the front A arms, and thus make contact with the lower A Arm when a stock H3 is on the ground. In other words, when you hit a bump in the road, the bump stop squishes to assist the shocks and torsion bars in dampening the movement of the truck in relation to the bump in the road.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:15 AM

The pic is on a jack with the weight off the suspension. The bump stop is a "progressive dampener" to the movement of the front A arms, and thus make contact with the lower A Arm when a stock H3 is on the ground. In other words, when you hit a bump in the road, the bump stop squishes to assist the shocks and torsion bars in dampening the movement of the truck in relation to the bump in the road.
Thanks again Doc, I was getting worried I may have a bigger problem ! Will be replacing them this weekend.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:38 PM

Doc would you recommend replacing the shocks while I am doing this, is it possible they are the cause why the bump stops god damaged in first place or just old age? I don't really feel like shocks are bad driving but then again I have no experience in this to tell one way or another. I have 81K miles on the 2006 truck and still original shocks. I would rather not spend the extra money but don't want to be replacing the bumps stops again in couple of months.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:15 AM

81k , you need shocks.

Quick Reply: Help identifying part