Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

HELP!! Front Driveshaft/Differential mounts/bushing problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 04:42 PM

Will be calling tomorrow

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Called Bruce...items are out of stock. Might be 2 weeks

Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 PM

Talk about coincidence!

I literally JUST came from the Hummer dealer for this very issue and they said they could only sell the bushing part to me with the entire crossmember. Then they quoted me the cost of the part! They had the part in stock and it was $469.95.

The service guy is pretty friendly and suggested I try to find the part maybe as a Colorado part and see what luck I would have. However, he said they had their hands tied behind their backs and were required to order the entire crossmember. He thought the bushing used to be sold separately but GM changed it.

Obviously, I left thinking I would check the good ol' Hummer Forums and see what others have experienced. I am happy to find this thread.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Nice!!!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Default Front bushing gone

This has been very helpful guys..My mechanic just told me that I am missing the front diff bushing on my '07 H3 I too felt the shock of the estimate to replace the crossmember 425$..I read here about the bushings from suspension.com called and spoke to Bruce and you are right he is a good guy. He let me know that the bushings will require some modifications to fit and I see below will need a lock washer with the nut. I was hoping someone could give me step by step how to mod the bushing and any other parts/tools needed for the job. My mechanic is willing to install just the bushings if they fit but, cant do the mods himself..coporate type place..

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Hey Carlos, the bushings come with the actual crossmemeber from GM. Can't get just the bushings from GM. They didn't feel it would need to be a servicable part for some reason. Around $300 for the new crossmember now.

There is a "fix" that many have used where you will need to remove the crossmember itself, remove the old bushing and sleeve then replace it with some 1500 parts that need to be slightly modified. I assisted CBphoto with the bushing/sleeve removal, bushing /collar modifications and reinstall.

This is quoted from CBphoto:
"SO: I called suspension.com & talked to Bruce, great guy. He's got all the parts on-hand, and after talking with him he said he'd send out for a few sets of the larger bushings in this kit just to be packaged for H3 front diff carrier crossmember bushings.

It'll take a few weeks before he gets them in, but any of you who call him for a bushing set after this will be able to get just the two large bushings you need for the crossmember repair instead of buying the whole set.

Energy suspension bushing kit 3.2141G

(209) 578-5101
(800) 291-5340 ORDERS ONLY
(209) 578-0562 (FAX)
Suspension Restoration Parts Co.
319-C Motor City Ct.
Modesto, California 95356 USA"

They may have a part # for the exact kit by now for the H3/H3T. Don't forget to put a lock washer with the nut. It tries to work itself loose if there is not one istalled.

Hope this helps! PM me if ya need some more info.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:32 PM

PM CBPhoto, I think he has pix and poss a write up saved.

Last edited by TAINTER; 06-13-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Default H3 front differential crossmember bushing kit

I need a bushing kit for the H3 front differential crossmember bushing. Can anyone help me?
Please email me at psalmistjulia@hotmail.com

Old 06-12-2012, 09:40 PM

May the Lord richly Bless you!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 PM

whitey602, ther's more info & another option in this forum thread:

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/d...e2/#post279500

Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bigunit
When you call, the part name is "HUMMER front diff carrier bushing kit" (no part #). He will know what you're looking for, as he's already sold a few of these to H3/H3T owners. I've purchased 2 kits from him. They are $25.00/kit (+ $5.00 shipping). The kit includes 2 bushings (upper & lower) & 1, 3" spacer washer that goes through the 2 bushings:

Hy to all of you,
Where I can buy a kit of bushung like this for my
Front diff crossmember of my Hummer H3 3.7 year 2007?
I need only the bushing like this and the 5 bolts of the crossmember
because I'm from Italy and it's a little difficult to ship my crossmember all over the world.

Thanks in advance.
Paolo

Quick Reply: HELP!! Front Driveshaft/Differential mounts/bushing problem