PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 wont start help please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Default H3 wont start help please.

It was 0 degrees out this morning, went out to my 06 hummer h3 started it it had a hard time starting but it started, It faslty droped to 500 rpm and died, after this the H3 would crank but not start at all.

Drove it last night 60 miles no issues filled it up with reg unld gas 18 gallons.

Any ideas on what is wrong with it? I really dont think its the fuel pump, And im sure when I get home in 4 hours and its 30 degrees out that it will start just fine.... But I live in iowa and I need it to start 100% of the time thanks.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:36 AM

did you make sure it wasn't the passlock (flashing security light)? Mine would start sometimes and shutoff.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:51 AM

The security light was on which I found weird, but it only came on after it died. I really have no clue what is wrong with it. 70k miles all maintenece has been done.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 AM

Heck, I don't know you may try the "PCM reset" trick. disconnect the positive battery terminal and hit the brakes a few times to dicipate any charge still in the system and hook it back up and see if that does anything???

Do you have a volt meter?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Heck, I don't know you may try the "PCM reset" trick. disconnect the positive battery terminal and hit the brakes a few times to dicipate any charge still in the system and hook it back up and see if that does anything???

Do you have a volt meter?
I do have a volt meter. just tell me what i need to do, Dealership is making me a new keyright now my old one is pretty worn down.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM

I would check the battery volts first, with your meter. I really hope it's just a key issue but it does not sound like it.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I would check the battery volts first, with your meter. I really hope it's just a key issue but it does not sound like it.
I run a auto parts store, Just had my dad bring the battery up here tested 12v under load still, battery is good. After I get this key at 12 I will repost what its doing and we can go from there.

I'm really just surprized that its doing this all of a sudden, And since this is the coldest day we have had yet it seems weird.

With the issues I explained what could it possible be?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:52 AM

No clue, the autoparts store you run should have an OBDII reader. Plug it in and see if you have thrown any codes?? If so, post'em up here. Good luck, hope it is just a bad key or key cylinder.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM

or since it was 0, it could be a fueling issue. consider adding an engine block heater if you live up north?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

itsa good idea to make some fresh keys the same day u new a new car, when the keys r fresh

Quick Reply: H3 wont start help please.