PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Default RE: H3 Roof Rack

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

I wish I would have seen this sooner.... but.... Let them know you are on this forum.... G-Style takes very good care of Hummer Forum members...

In the future go to the G-Style website first...
You know I was thinking about that when I saw their logo on the site. haha that's my own fault, but even at $198 that is still a pretty good deal. I will let them know I am a member here when I go for the brush guard. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:08 AM

Well, unless I missed something, you still got the same product at a better deal by buying from them on ebay, than going through GStyle website by about $30.00. Right??

Old 04-05-2008, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Wrongway1

Well, unless I missed something, you still got the same product at a better deal by buying from them on ebay, than going through GStyle website by about $30.00. Right??
Yep based on looking at the ebay and the site. I think muddydawg was saying that Gstyle might give a discount to members, not sure how much they would give though.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:08 PM

Yes, if you go directly to the site and let them know that you are a member here they will give you a discount. I don't know how much due to the fact that I haven't bought anything there yet myself.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

I think it is about 10%.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 AM

One more point....when you go to install them, there are little plastic washers that sit in the bottom of the roof racks, and slide on the roof rails of your 3. The only issue I had, was that they liked to fall out before I could get the racks into the rail system. I used a little black silicone, and then put them in place on the roof racks, and then you can turn them over and put into place, with nothing falling off......Just a thought!

Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: solarflare

One more point....when you go to install them, there are little plastic washers that sit in the bottom of the roof racks, and slide on the roof rails of your 3. The only issue I had, was that they liked to fall out before I could get the racks into the rail system. I used a little black silicone, and then put them in place on the roof racks, and then you can turn them over and put into place, with nothing falling off......Just a thought!
Good idea with the silicone, thanks.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM

UPDATE: okay so I got the roof racks from G-Style today. I opened the package noticed everything was there and it doesn't look that hard to install. So I begin doing it, nothing better to do. I put the screws into the mounts, but noticed the washer with the locking washer is just too damn hard to get onto the screw and put it into the mount. To save some real arm pain, I just put on the locking washers. Once you get those on, there is really no big issue getting them on the roof. When you get them to the start the one side falls in but the other will just hang on the lip. Pull the other side gently and it should fall in (almost feels like you might break it right off, but it will fit in). When they slide in I noticed they scratched the inside of the rails pretty badly. I tried to go easy with them, but they still did that. I am not even really sure why it scracthed. It seemed like everything was snug, but not rubbing the sides. another tip...when you put back the rubber guard that goes over the rail, put some WD40 or some oil on the inside of the rubber so it slides on better. If not, it will just bunch up.

Some tips with the letters if you order from GSTYLE...Take your time putting them up. You will thank yourself for this later. They are very tedious, but it looks good if they are all straight and even. The plastic that holds the glue is a pain to get off on the letters, but again take your time. Go from left to right (i,e put H then U then M and so on) this makes it easier to line them up with each other.

Anyways I will add some pics later when I charge the camera batteries..[:@]

Old 04-11-2008, 05:16 PM

My crossbars from G-Style should be here by Monday. Good information on this thread! Thanks!!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:43 PM

Hmm, I don't remember mine scratching the roof rails......not sure why that would happen....and yes the hummer letters are tedious! Takes lots of patience.....

Quick Reply: H3 Roof Rack