PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Roof Light Bar Blew Off On The Highway Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Warranty or not, if you bought it new, and it was dealer installed, I'd be back there raising all kinds of he*l!!
I'm going to contact the dealer. We purchased this H3 new and the roof light bar was installed on it already.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Actually, it just blew off and left the screws in! Quite embarrassing driving it today with those wires at the top, lol.
Were there only screws left, or was there a washer under the screw head? There should have been some kind of washer to retain the plastic base.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Were there only screws left, or was there a washer under the screw head? There should have been some kind of washer to retain the plastic base.
Broken Halo, I'll check on that tonight. I went outside to look at it, but I'm not tall enough to see if there are any washers. I'll let you know. Thanks for your help!

By the way, I've called the dealer. I purchased it from Proctor Hummer in Tallahassee Florida and a couple of years ago, another dealership bought out their Hummer line, so my salesman there (the old place) is going to talk to his manager, not sure what they will or won't do.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 PM

I doubt the insurance company will do anything since it's a aftermarket part. If so, report back lol.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:35 PM

Mr. Fancy Pants, is it considered an aftermarket part even though it was on there when I bought it brand new at the dealership?

Old 10-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Mr. Fancy Pants, is it considered an aftermarket part even though it was on there when I bought it brand new at the dealership?
I am not sure? Was it listed on the window sticker and came from the factory like that? Or, did the dealer put it on after they ordered it? I suppose it's a gray area with the insurance company, I'd still check.

What is your deductible? If you have a 1000 deductibe, I wouldn't waste the time to call them....

Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

talking with drtom is like talking to a crack addict about an intervention.....frustrating to say the least lmao.
notice to all,,,,,,,,,,one more time and i start and it will get ugly,,,,,,,,,

lets play nice

clean it up,,,,IM TIRED OF THE BULLSHXT

Old 10-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
notice to all,,,,,,,,,,one more time and i start and it will get ugly,,,,,,,,,

lets play nice

clean it up,,,,IM TIRED OF THE BULLSHXT
hahaha, cleaned up my signature for you princess. Not because I worry about anything "getting ugly" but, because I forgot about it and hate to give you any more attention. Your welcome.

Sorry to the original poster that Dr. Tom had to hijack your post just to cry about my signature.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 PM

the roof marker lights aren't an aftermarket part. they are OEM and carry a warranty just like any other part. the dealer should guarantee their work even if they installed it incorrectly. the dealer may blame it as a defective part and you may have to take it up with GM. too bad you can't find the piece that blew off to verify how it failed.....

Old 10-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Here is a picture I took of the situation yesterday. Please excuse all the bugs on my windshield, I live out in the country on a dirt road and the highway always has a LOT of bugs flying into my windshield! lol

Quick Reply: H3 Roof Light Bar Blew Off On The Highway Today