PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Problem - Alarm Sounds Constantly, and radio is on, with no key inside!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Default H3 Problem - Alarm Sounds Constantly, and radio is on, with no key inside!

Two days ago, we started having issues with our Hummer H3 (2006).

The alarm sounds ALL THE TIME, and when you check it, the radio is on and playing! No key in the ignition, with it in "OFF".

When you open the door, it chimes, like there's a key inside.

Anybody else have this problem, or have a suggestion? Turning the radio off doesn't help!

OnStar said nothing.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Default RE: H3 Problem - Alarm Sounds Constantly, and radio is on, with no key inside!

Try this..

Open the HOOD and disconnect the battery Neg first, then the Pos next..touch both the cables together for a count of 30...then re-connect cables back to the battery posts in the reverse order..takes a 10MM socket to loosen the cable/post connectors.

See if that unscrambles it...

Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Default RE: H3 Problem - Alarm Sounds Constantly, and radio is on, with no key inside!

It would be nice to know the out come of this...

Old 05-22-2007, 11:00 PM

What station is it on? that will tell you a lot about the Hummer ghost in your truck...

Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM

that sounds like a dead short take it to the dealer

Old 05-23-2007, 08:16 PM

UPDATE:

The battery died on me on Monday (a holiday here in Canada). Had CAA come and boost it for me.

I decided my Wednesday appointment was too far away, and decided on Tuesday to take it in.

I had thought of following the "touch the cables" together advise, but advice from the dealer was that it would reset any error codes in the computer, which is something I want them to find. Luckily, the service guy was able to see my problem as soon as I brought it in (no need for them to duplicate, it happened right there in the service bay!).

So, what was it? The dealer says its a faulty ignition switch. A new one is coming in from Edmonton overnight, I should have my H3 back tomorrow. How I miss that truck.

My guy there (the sales manager) loaned me his 2007 H3, but he (obviously) needed it back and I had to take a courtesy vehicle (an Uplander) when a multi-day stay at the dealer was required.

On the positive, I had cracked roof "rails" too, and so they got fixed at the same time.

Thanks for the tip, and if I ever have a weird computer problem, I'll remember to follow your tip.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Nice it was nothing major, but bummer you had to leave your truck. Once you get it back you'll be all happy again!

Old 04-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Let me start out by saying you're going to be in deep sh*t for responding to, and expecting a reply from a 5 year old thread! But as long as I'm here...pull your driver's side door jam switch, unplug the connector coming out of it, and see if that cures the problem.....it may be a bad switch.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

pull your driver's side door jam switch, unplug the connector coming out of it,
are you sating that the h3 "thinks" the door was not opened and someone got in another way?

ill try that tomorrow, shut down,close but stay in,pull key,wait,then put key in,huh?

hey,5 yr,still worthwhile knowing,eh. thats in respect for our canasian friends,eh!

hey,i hunted moose near Kenora, a wonderful place.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Let me start out by saying you're going to be in deep sh*t for responding to, and expecting a reply from a 5 year old thread! But as long as I'm here...pull your driver's side door jam switch, unplug the connector coming out of it, and see if that cures the problem.....it may be a bad switch.
Thanks for helping this wayward sole find his way. I'm going to the mail box to see if there is any five year old letters gonna be delivered!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H3 Problem - Alarm Sounds Constantly, and radio is on, with no key inside!