PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 performance question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 02:07 AM
NFS
Default H3 performance question?

Hello guys, I am still a newbie with hummer cars.
but just wondering what can I do to make the hummer accelerate better and perform better. I have a 2007 H3 base I believe

I been looking for exhaust that sound nice and not crazy laud and also not so expensive, any suggestions?

also what else you recommend for performance?

Thanks a lot

Old 05-06-2016, 08:10 AM
rsc

You want better performance? Install 265/75r16 HT tires. Forget big A/T or M/T tires. There are a bunch of other things that if done together will net a small increase in power, maybe 15%. Get an AFE (not K&N) dry filter, loose the fender/airbox coupler, get an AirDoc kit, ported throttle body (just cleaning it gives 1-2 hp by itself!), header, exhaust (any one, pick your preference) and PCM tune for hi-test gas.

Your H3 will never be a speed demon and I wouldn't try to drive it like a race car. If you want fast, get a 600 hp turbo Hayabusa. After a fast bike, nothing else will do.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:20 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by rsc
You want better performance? Install 265/75r16 HT tires. Forget big A/T or M/T tires. There are a bunch of other things that if done together will net a small increase in power, maybe 15%. Get an AFE (not K&N) dry filter, loose the fender/airbox coupler, get an AirDoc kit, ported throttle body (just cleaning it gives 1-2 hp by itself!), header, exhaust (any one, pick your preference) and PCM tune for hi-test gas.

Your H3 will never be a speed demon and I wouldn't try to drive it like a race car. If you want fast, get a 600 hp turbo Hayabusa. After a fast bike, nothing else will do.
Thank you I don't plan on having crazy power on it. I have an evo that is 750hp and cbr1000 as rocket . But would be nice for the hummer to accelerate nicer. So I noticed there is two chips I can buy that help a lot it say
1-The oxygen power performance ship by o2 power chip and surge 2-performance chip by surge engendering. I can get them both for 200 bucks
Cus they are on sale. So you think those will help? Also I am doing a cold air intake but don't know what kind? And what kind of exhaust u recommend that sound nice and give performance too?

Old 05-06-2016, 12:56 PM
rsc

I wouldn't get a chip, they have a fixed set of parameters to fool the system into doing something. A PCM tune from PCMofNC.com is your best bet, much more to modify from shifting to timing and fuel. Plus, you could even do the data logging to fine tune the tune to your driving style and vehicle.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:20 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by NFS
Thank you I don't plan on having crazy power on it. I have an evo that is 750hp and cbr1000 as rocket . But would be nice for the hummer to accelerate nicer. So I noticed there is two chips I can buy that help a lot it say
1-The oxygen power performance ship by o2 power chip and surge 2-performance chip by surge engendering. I can get them both for 200 bucks
Cus they are on sale. So you think those will help? Also I am doing a cold air intake but don't know what kind? And what kind of exhaust u recommend that sound nice and give performance too?
Ok, any recommendation for exhaust and intake ???

Old 05-06-2016, 09:50 PM
rsc

I would start here-

Originally Posted by rsc

AFE, AirDoc Intakes, James at Super modulation for throttle body, OBX/Mesa Blackworks/OTTPJagsThatRun headers, PCMofNC for pcm tune.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Default @ rsc....A PCM tune from PCMofNC.com

do they do a tune just for mileage?. if so, how much$ and how would a mileage tune affect power??

Old 05-08-2016, 02:01 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by rsc
I would start here-

AFE, AirDoc Intakes, James at Super modulation for throttle body, OBX/Mesa Blackworks/OTTPJagsThatRun headers, PCMofNC for pcm tune.

I checked AIrDoc, it only have the intake without the filter? do you use the same factory box and just change the pipe?

super modulation, can't find anything about throttle body....!!??

Jags that run headers doesn't seem to have anything for hummer not their website. !!??

Also what you recommend for exhaust

Old 05-09-2016, 11:58 AM

Yes Airdoc uses the factory air box . The Airdoc replaces all of the big ol resonator box and the flex tube. Much more direct and smooth air flow. Tuning is a matter of what you want the tune to do . The PCMofNC is a great tune and LOTS!! of people love it , but I went with Hypertech handheld tuner because I can play with different settings and change the tire size calibration whenever I swap tires . I also have a MagnaFlow cat back and it sound great without a lot of inside drone noise. Good luck there's lots of cool stuff out there to play with . One thing I would add is a scan gauge to monitor your engine/trans better than the idiot lights do.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:21 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by scoreh3
Yes Airdoc uses the factory air box . The Airdoc replaces all of the big ol resonator box and the flex tube. Much more direct and smooth air flow. Tuning is a matter of what you want the tune to do . The PCMofNC is a great tune and LOTS!! of people love it , but I went with Hypertech handheld tuner because I can play with different settings and change the tire size calibration whenever I swap tires . I also have a MagnaFlow cat back and it sound great without a lot of inside drone noise. Good luck there's lots of cool stuff out there to play with . One thing I would add is a scan gauge to monitor your engine/trans better than the idiot lights do.
That's awesome thank you a lot for the great feedback and sorry in advance for the newbie stupid questions that I am asking. Where did you get your exhaust? And how much it cost? Does it come it different styles or only one? I also saw this k&n intake with tons of good reviews! Isn't that not good as much as the airdoc? I wasn't planning on doing tune I was just planning to do a performance chip since I only drive this truck in winter or when towing something and having a big party lol
Why u think performance chips are bad ?

Quick Reply: H3 performance question?